This article is about the item obtained by defeating the TzTok-Jad. For the reward for achieving level 99 Firemaking, see Firemaking cape.
|Release date||4 October 2005 (Update)|
|High Alch||36,000 coins|
|Low Alch||24,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A cape of fire.|
The Fire cape is a reward received after defeating TzTok-Jad in the TzHaar Fight Cave minigame. It's notable as one of the most powerful melee capes in the game. Players will always receive a fire cape after killing TzTok-Jad, regardless of whether they already own one or not. Fire capes stack when stored in the bank, and they can be stored on the cape rack in a Costume room of a Player-owned house. Players that don't want their cape can sell it to TzHaar-Mej-Jal for 8,000 tokkul. A lost fire cape can only be replaced by defeating TzTok-Jad again to receive another one.
After completion of The Elder Kiln players can sacrifice their fire cape to gain access to a new minigame, the Fight Kiln. This only needs to be done once. After completing this new minigame players will receive a new, more powerful cape, the TokHaar-Kal.
The fire cape is normally required to fight Ice strykewyrms. Without it, they can't be fought or assigned as a task. (A Completionist cape or a TokHaar-Kal will also count as a fire cape for this purpose.) This requirement can be bypassed by paying 2000 Slayer points to unlock the task without needing the cape. When worn, the fire cape has a bonus effect that increases all damage dealt to ice strykewyrms by 40.
The August 2011 update to minigame rewards allowed the fire cape to be traded to Nomad or Zimberfizz (along with 100 zeal points while having 99 Slayer and 99 Summoning) for a new pet: TzRek-Jad, a miniature TzTok-Jad. The cape is used as payment and is lost after trading, forcing the player to defeat TzTok-Jad again if they wish to acquire a new one.
Wearing this cape in TzHaar city is one of the Karamja Elite tasks.
The fire cape is the first of few animated equipment pieces. It is meant to depict a flow of fire and lava streaming down the player's back.
A player wearing the fire cape
|[view] • [talk]|
- If the cape is lost in a PvP situation, the killer will receive 60,000 coins.
- If the cape is dropped onto the ground by the player, the cape will still show the animation as it were worn by the player.
- Previously, the lava on the cape was updated along with RuneScape HD, but because of the sludgy lava appearance and player complaints along with it, the fire cape was changed back to its original animation.
- The fire cape was once subject to a graphical glitch where setting all the graphics to low detail would cause nearby fountains to turn orange with a similar animation to the fire cape; this has since been fixed.
- The Fire cape is tier 50 armour, as it has a 25 defence bonus.