Fire wave, a members-only magic spell, is the second strongest fire spell in the standard spellbook. This spell requires four fire runes and four air runes to cast. Without boosts, the maximum damage of this spell is 720 + the Magic level of the caster.
The maximum damage can be increased if used with a damage-boosting staff such as an Ancient staff or Chaotic staff. In addition, its maximum damage can be increased by a further 42 points if used with an extreme magic potion or the Wolpertinger special attack. The maximum damage of fire wave is about 382 with the use of a hexcrest, ferocious ring and an arcane stream necklace while on a slayer task in Kuradal's dungeon.
- The spell Iban Blast uses the same sounds as Fire Wave.
- TzTok-Jad's magic attack uses the "hitting" sound as Fire Wave.
- When exploding, Castle Wars explosives use the old animation when being hit by a Fire Wave.
- On 24 June 2010, all of the elemental spells received a graphical make-over.
- As revealed during Salt in the Wound, Kennith has the ability to cast Fire Wave.
- The Queen Black Dragon has an attack of the same name, but is different as her fire wave attack creates a wall of dragonfire.