|Release||20 December 2013 (Update)|
|Destroy||You cannot get a replacement festive cracker.|
Pull it to get your reward. It is destroyed in the process.
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|I need to find someone to pull this with.|
The Festive cracker is an unstackable item obtainable during the 15 Days of Christmas event via challenges, competitions, killing monsters, events, and skilling. It cannot be banked. All crackers have rewards, but there is a rare chance to obtain the Black Santa hat from the cracker.
Wearing a Christmas outfit increases the chance of obtaining a cracker; for each piece of festive clothing worn, the Blessing of Winter will increase by 20% of the original chance up to a cap of +120%. These items are:
- Blue, green, purple, red, white and yellow partyhats
- Bobble hat and scarf
- Black Santa hat
- Christmas tree hat
- Christmas ghost bottoms, hood and top
- Festive jumper
- Ice amulet
- Jester hat and scarf
- Reindeer hat
- Santa beard
- Santa costume boots, gloves, legs, top
- Santa hat
- Salty claws hat
- Tinsel scarf
- Tri-jester hat and scarf
- Woolly hat and scarf
According to Jagex, "The following cosmetic overrides also count, but do not give stats - the only stats come from any armours that are covered up by overrides.":
Ways to obtainEdit
The Festive cracker can be obtained in the following ways:
- First daily challenge handed in each day.
- Completing a festive Bird and the Beast challenge which is to earn 10,000 renown for either faction.
- Any combat or skilling activity that can earn a spin ticket.
- Events: Twice each day (2am and 8pm UTC) 200 crackers will be dropped at Falador party room, along with the community team planned events. (only in P2P worlds)
- Completing daily festive cryptic clues
- Rewarded from competitions hosted by Jagex Moderators.
Note: If obtained with a full inventory, the Festive Cracker will be dropped on the ground with the following message: "Congratulations! You've earned a festive cracker. There was no space in your inventory or bank, so it was dropped on the ground." This message appears even if there is room in your bank, despite the fact that the cracker can't be banked at all.
|Gold ring||5 (noted)||Common||2,145|
|Yule log||2||Common||Not sold|
|Mulled wine (2013 Christmas event)||2||Common||Not sold|
|Coal||1; 50 (noted)||Common||158–7,900|
|Magic logs||5 (noted)||Rare||3,035|
|Papaya fruit||5 (noted)||Rare||17,310|
|Black Santa hat||1||Very rare||1,551,782,641|
In addition to the owner of the cracker getting an item reward, both players involved in the pulling of the cracker will receive 1,000 bonus experience in a randomly chosen skill.
- During a party room drop, bankers and Party Pete would exclaim: "Cracker drop at the Falador party room in X minutes!"
- If a player received a Black Santa hat from a cracker, a server wide message would announce: Someone pulled their festive cracker and received a black Santa hat!
- The reward of 5 gold rings and the resulting message: "You won fiiiive go-ooold riiiings!" is a reference to the "12 Days of Christmas" carol.
- Despite being a Members only item it can still be obtained while skilling as a free player, even though it requires membership to open. This is most likely intentional as the fish mask also required a membership to obtain.
- Players cannot use these on a Jagex Moderator. Attempting to do so yields the message "Sorry, but you can't do that to Staff Mods."
- Winning a lump of coal gives: "Oh. You won a lump of coal."
- However, winning 50 noted coal displays: "You won 50 coal!"
- There used to be a glitch where bankers still exclaim the cracker drop at the Falador party room, even at irregular intervals as to how it was during the 15 Days of Christmas event.