|Release date||8 December 2009 (Update)|
|High Alch||765 coins|
|Low Alch||510 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine|| (5): |
It looks in pretty good condition.
"Ferry ring" redirects here. For the transporting method, see Fairy ring.
The ferocious ring is a special ring dropped by the monsters in Kuradal's Dungeon and has five charges. These charges allow a player to teleport to Kuradal. This can be very useful, as players don't have to walk through the Brutal green dragons or Waterfiends on the way to Kuradal.
There is no current requirement to wear the Ferocious ring, excluding the fact that players must have Kuradal's permission to enter the dungeon; and they can only attack the monsters in the dungeon if they are their current Slayer assignment (assigned by Kuradal), leaving an indirect requirement of level 110 combat and level 75 Slayer to obtain it.
A player can own more than one ring at a time.
The ferocious ring also boosts damage done to monsters in Kuradal's dungeon by 40 for each hit, assuming the attack does damage. Missing is still possible, so no damage is still a possibility. Hitting 1-40 is also possible, but only if the monster has fewer than 41 lifepoints remaining. This extra damage also applies to the Saradomin sword's special attack, allowing it to deal a maximum extra 200 life points of damage instead of 160. Similarly, the Dragon claws special attack is calculated as normal, and then gains 40 damage to every hit for a total of 160 extra damage, assuming all four parts of the special attack hit (e.g. a special of 200-100-50-50 becomes 240-140-90-90).
The ring also works similarly to a ring of life (but only while inside the dungeon), though instead of the player's respawn point, it teleports them to Kuradal, destroying itself in the process, regardless of its remaining charges.
The ferocious ring disappears after all charges have been used (like the Ring of duelling), so it is advised to use only 4 out of 5 charges, as a player can still benefit from the other effects until they receive another ring from a kill. It is very effective to use a fast and accurate melee/ranged weapon such as a Abyssal whip or throwing knives.
- Normal hit of 250.
- Boosted to 291 (291.67 floored).
- Ferocious ring +40, hence hit of 331.
The effects of the ring also works with dragon dagger special and abyssal vine whip special attacks.
|[view] • [talk]|
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Abyssal demon 124 1 Uncommon Blue dragon 111 1 Rare Greater demon 92 1 Uncommon Hellhound 122 1 Uncommon Iron dragon 189 1 Uncommon Steel dragon 246 1 Uncommon Gargoyle 111 1 Uncommon Dark beast 182 1 Rare
- The ferocious ring used to look like Jennica's ring and the Explorer ring to a lesser extent, but due to an update on 15 December 2009 the ring now has a blue tint, making it recognisable due to complaints on the forums.
- You can bring partially used rings to Murky Matt in the Grand Exchange to combine their charges. Note that each ring can be used once as a ring of life within the cave, but will shatter when doing so. Combining partially used rings lowers the total number of rings, and in turn, lowers the number of times you can use them as rings of life.
- There was a glitch that allowed the Ferocious ring to add damage to the Deflection Curse deflections. This was fixed with an update the following week.
- The examine info hints that the more charges used, the more worn the ring looks. However, the ring does not change appearance when charges are used.
- It does not currently work with goliath gloves' special attack.
Beacon • Charos(activated) • Easter • Explorer's(1) (2) (3) (4) • Fire • Ferocious • Jennica's • Lunar • 'Perfect' • Slaying • Visibility • Kinship • Vigour • Devotion • Ring of seeking (hide) (seek) (both) • TokKul-Zo • Sixth-Age circuit