|Release date||8 December 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||765 coins|
|Low alch||510 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
(5): It looks in pretty good condition.
- It provides a 4% damage increase to every hit when fighting monsters in the dungeon, including hits from damage-over-time abilities
- It acts as a ring of life when in the dungeon, teleporting the player to Kuradal when under a tenth of their maximum lifepoints
- A charge can be spent for a teleport to Kuradal, or to Morvran if unlocked.
Like a ring of life and regardless of charge, a ferocious ring will be destroyed after saving the player. More than one ring can be owned at a time.
There is no requirement to wear the ferocious ring, except the fact that players must have Kuradal's permission to enter the dungeon; and they can only attack the monsters in the dungeon if they are their current Slayer assignment (assigned by Kuradal or Morvran), leaving an indirect requirement of level 110 combat and level 75 Slayer to obtain it.
The ferocious ring disappears after all charges have been used, like regular degradable jewellery. If you only have one ring, using only 4 out of 5 charges is advised as you can still benefit from the ring's other bonuses until you can get a replacement.
The ring can be recharged with a Slayer master, using co-op points.
This ring can be upgraded with slayer points to allow its bonuses to be used in Morvran's dungeon. The upgrade requires level 90 Slayer and 100 slayer reward points.
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
- The ferocious ring used to look like Jennica's ring and, to a lesser extent, the explorer's ring, but after an update on 15 December 2009 the ring now has a blue tint, making it recognisable due to complaints made on the forums.
- You can bring partially used rings to Murky Matt in the Grand Exchange to combine their charges. Note that each ring can be used once as a ring of life within the cave, but will shatter when doing so. Combining partially used rings lowers the total number of rings, and in turn, lowers the number of times you can use them as rings of life.
- Before the Evolution of Combat, as well as for a few months after it, the ring boosted damage by 40 with each hit, including each hit of multi-hit special attacks.
- It is the only ring with an examine text that changes after usage.
- When buying the upgrade from Morvran, the text reads: "You may now use ferocious rings to teleport to Morvran, and will gain benefit from them when fighting in his dungeon."