|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||No|
|Destroy||You will need to buy another one from the rewards trader at Daemonheim. Destroying this item will refund 50% of the token price.|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
A farseer kiteshield is a magic shield that requires a Defence level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield. It is companion to the chaotic kiteshield and eagle-eye kiteshield, the melee- and ranged-based equivalents, respectively. At least two million Dungeoneering experience is required to attain the 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens needed to purchase the item, provided that no tokens are earned from Sinkholes or from Treasure Hunter.
|80 , 80||30,000 charges|
|Armour||384||PvM: 8%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||385||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
Degradation and repairEdit
The farseer kiteshield has 30,000 charges of combat (a minimum time of 5 hours). Once the charges run out, it will break and become unusable until repaired by the rewards trader at Daemonheim. When first purchased, it will have a 20% charge. Repairs are made incrementally in 1% portions, and the cost of recharging can be paid in two ways: coins, or a combination of coins and Dungeoneering tokens.
|99%||20,000||2,000 and 200|
|90%||200,000||20,000 and 2,000|
|20%||1,600,000||160,000 and 16,000|
|0%||2,000,000||200,000 and 20,000|
All repair costs are reduced by 5% if Daemonheim aura 3 has been earned.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||2.3%|
|4 × Shifting components||100%|
- The farseer kiteshield used to cost 400,000 tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- The farseer kiteshield looks similar to a gorgonite kiteshield, although the gorgonite kiteshield is a melee-based shield.
- In the Runescape Knowledge Base, it stated that the Farseer Kiteshield soaked 10% magic damage and 20% melee damage. On 11/9/10 Mod Ash confirmed the Kiteshield in fact soaked 7% magic damage and 14% melee damage. This upset players that purchased the shield for its original bonuses.