|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||60,000 coins|
|Low Alch||40,000 coins|
|Store price|| 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
A farseer kiteshield is a shield released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. The shield requires a Defence level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield. At least two million Dungeoneering experience is required to attain the 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens needed to purchase the item.
After approximately 10 hours of combat, the Farseer Kiteshield will degrade completely and must be recharged before it may be used again; it has a 20% charge on purchase. Once these charges have been used up, the shield can be recharged for a fee by the rewards trader. To do so, right-click on him and select "Recharge" with the depleted shield in your inventory. There are two methods of recharging: cash, or a combination of cash and Dungeoneering tokens. A cash repair will cost up to two million coins (for a shield with no charge at all); a combination of cash and tokens will cost up to 200,000 coins and a number of Dungeoneering tokens (for a shield with no charge at all).
When a player dies, the shield is converted to coins. The exact number is unknown but it is determined to be somewhere between 1,000,000gp and 20,000,000gp.
Warning: As with all chaotic items, players will not receive a warning message when attempting to drop their Farseer kiteshield.
A player wielding a farseer kiteshield
|[view] • [talk]|
When first bought, the shield is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 100% charged (Fully charged) – no cost.
- 99% charged – 20,000 coins or 2,000 coins and 200 tokens.
- 90% charged – 200,000 coins or 20,000 coins and 2,000 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 2,000,000 coins or 200,000 coins and 20,000 tokens.
- It should be noted that the 10 hours of combat that all chaotic items last for, are measured in 1 game tick (600 ticks per 1%) per attack made AND received. It is thus possible to have your Chaotic items degrade at faster rates if you are under attack from multiple enemies, or get attacked by enemies with fast attack rates like Scarab swarms.
- In the Runescape Knowledge Base, it stated that the Farseer Kiteshield soaked 10% magic damage and 20% melee damage. On 11/9/10 Mod Ash confirmed the Kiteshield in fact soaked 7% magic damage and 14% melee damage. This upset players that purchased the shield for its original bonuses.
- The Farseer Kiteshield used to cost 400,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- The Farseer Kiteshield looks similar to a Gorgonite kiteshield.
- Farseer Kiteshields, along with all other chaotic weapons/shields, will stack in the bank as long as they are on the same charge. For example, two Farseer kiteshields with 24% charge and 11% charge will not stack, but two Farseer kiteshields with 11% will.