|Release date||10 October 2009 (Update)|
|Area(s)||Falador, Rimmington, Melzar's Maze, Mudskipper Point and Port Sarim|
|Lamp XP rewards|| 1,000 |
|Taskmasters||Redbeard Frank, Chemist, Squire|
The tasks may be started by speaking to Redbeard Frank in Port Sarim, the Chemist in Rimmington, or Sir Vyvin's Squire in the White Knights' Castle. These people are marked with the green star icon on the minimap.
To complete all of the tasks, players will need the stats shown to the right.
Please note you must do the easy tasks first in order to claim rewards from medium, hard or elite.
|Task||Description||Quest(s) needed||Skill(s) needed||Item(s) needed||Members||Notes|
|Amulet of Weedspeak||Buy a Farming amulet from Sarah on the farm north of Port Sarim.||None||None||200 coins||Yes||Sarah is found in the house west of the cabbage patch, not around the farming patches.|
|The Good Stuff||Buy a stat-boosting beer from a waitress in the Rising Sun tavern.||None||None||3 coins||No||One of the three is okay. (Asgarnian Ale, Wizard's Mind Bomb, Dwarven Stout) In Falador by West Bank.|
|Chain Store||Buy a black chainbody from Wayne's Chains, and try it on in the shop.||None||25||1,440 coins||No||Buy from Wayne's stock, south-west corner of Falador.|
|Sir Mitt||Climb to the top of the White Knights' Castle.||None||None||None||No|
|Family Values||Discover your family crest from Sir Renitee.||None||16||None||Yes||Players may change their family crest to the Saradomin symbol if they have 70 Prayer to complete the hard task while there.|
|Sniffing Out the Mole||Enter the mole’s lair under Falador Park.||None||None||None||Yes|
|Chinchompa Powered!||Feed Ridgeley, the hairdresser’s pet.||None||None||A piece of cheese||No||Cheese can be purchased at Wydin's Food Store in Port Sarim, found in Aggie's House in Draynor Village, or churned using a bucket of milk on one of the dairy churns around RuneScape, You can also buy some from the culinaromancer's chest. Be careful not to eat it|
|Fill Yer Bucket||Fill a bucket from the pump north of the west Falador bank||None||None||A Bucket||No||The pump is between the hairdresser and the mace store.|
|Elementary Medicine||Heal an elemental wizard by casting an appropriate elemental spell on him (Air, Water, Earth, Fire).||None||None||Runes for casting one elemental spell.||No||Cast fire spell on fire wizard and so on.|
|It's Not Wabbit Season||Kill a duck in Falador Park.||None||None||Ranged ammunition, runes for spells, or a halberd||No||Any duck counts.|
|Stand and Deliver||Kill a highwayman on the road south of Falador. Near the farm house.||None||None||None||No||Keep the cape for one of the hard tasks, see below.|
|Making My Mind Up||Make a mind tiara.||None||Mind talisman, blank tiara||No|
|Going Along With the 'Fro||Talk to Party Pete.||None||None||None||No||Talk to Party Pete in the Falador party room.|
|Mudskip the Light Fantastic||Recharge your Prayer points at the altar south-west of Port Sarim.||None||None||None||No||Near Mudskipper Point|
|Disarm and Embark||Take the boat to Entrana.||None||None||Absolutely no armour, weapons, or explorers ring to board||Yes|
|Like a Boss||Kill a Boss Goblin in the Goblin Village||None||None||None||Yes||Kill fifteen (15) regular goblins in the Goblin Village and a "Boss" goblin will appear. Kill this boss goblin to complete the task.|
Following 4 new tasks related to Clan Citadels are now also listed as Falador easy tasks. However, they are not properly counted into number of tasks because they are not "in a set" (there are still total 44 tasks in Falador and 533 overall regardless of these 4 new). You do not need to do these 4 tasks to get the easy reward.
|Task||Description||Quest(s) needed||Skill(s) needed||Item(s) needed||Members||Notes|
|Castles In The Sky||Visit your or another clan's citadel||None||None||None||Yes||
Simply pass through portal in Clan Camp to visit any clan citadel.
When the task was released, visiting another clan's citadel didn't fulfill the task. This was later fixed.
|A Wizard Did It||Talk to wizard Avalani within a clan citadel||None||None||None||Yes||When you enter any clan citatel, Avalani is located just west of the welcome area. Just speak to her to complete the task.|
|Faceless And Ready||Talk to the battlemaster of a clan citadel.||None||None||None||Yes||Cross the bridge after entering the citadel and follow the cobblestone road East until you encounter Battlemaster.|
|Citadelementary||View the main interface within a clan citadel.||None||None||None||Yes||
You can do this only at your own clan's citadel - you are unable to open the interface while visiting other clan's citadel.
- Go to Falador west bank.
- Take the required items out of your bank.
- Make a Mind tiara.
- Kill a boss goblin in the Goblin Village. (Optional)
- Feed the Hairdresser's pet (in the treadmill) a piece of cheese. (Careful not to accidentally eat the cheese)
- Fill your bucket at the pump just outside.
- Buy a stat-boosting beer from the inn.
- Climb to the top of the White Knights' Castle (on the west side).
- Talk to Sir Renitee on the first floor (east side) about your family crest.
- Go to the party room and talk to Party Pete.
- Kill a duck in Falador Park.
- Enter the mole's lair.
- Exit the mole's lair
- Run south near the southern exit and buy a black chainbody from Wayne's shop. Try it on in the shop and then sell it back.
- Visit Clan Camp and fulfill required Clan Citadels-related tasks. (Optional)
- Heal an elemental wizard south of Falador by casting the appropriate elemental spell on him.
- Run east to kill a highwayman.
- Buy a Farming amulet from Sarah.
- Recharge your Prayer points at the altar south-west of Port Sarim.
- Take the boat to Entrana (Remember that no weapons are allowed, nor is the explorer's ring, so bank before going! However, runes are allowed.)
- Talk to Redbeard Frank on Port Sarim's northern-most pier for your reward.
- Falador Shield 1, which has the ability to restore 25% of your prayer (daily) and also grants a prayer boost of +3.
- 1,000 Experience lamp to use on skill of choice for levels over 30.
- A new emote which can only be done while wielding the shield and selecting emote.
|Task||Description||Quest(s) needed||Skill(s) needed||Item(s) needed||Members||Notes|
|Fruit of the Loom||Craft a Fruit basket using the loom at the farm north of Port Sarim.||None||36||6 willow branches||Yes|
|Is It So Hard to Walk Round?||Crawl under Falador’s south wall.||None||26||None||Yes|
|Climbing the Walls||Grapple up, and then jump off the north Falador wall.||None||11 |
|Mithril grapple, A crossbow.||Yes||Player must be outside of the city, north of the tree farming patch, to grapple. If grappling from the south, be sure to set video settings 'Remove Roofs' to 'Selectively' otherwise it is hard to see.|
|It's Nothing Personal||Increase your reputation with the White Knights by killing a Black knight.||Wanted!||None||None||Yes||Black knights are standing inside and outside the Black Knights' Fortress west of Edgeville. The black knight south of Draynor village bank as well as other black knights spread around Runescape can be killed for this task.|
|Ice the Icy||Kill an ice giant in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.||None||None||None||No||Fairy Ring Code: A I Q. While there, the task of killing a skeletal Wyvern could be done to finish the hard task with a Slayer lvl 72 or greater.|
|Blinded with Science||Light a Bullseye lantern in the Chemist's.||None||49||Bullseye lantern or Emerald/Sapphire lantern.||Yes||The Lamp oil used for fuel is obtained by distilling Swamp tar in the chemist's in Rimmington or at the lamp stall in Dorgesh-Kaan. Bullseye lantern is sold at the lamp stall in Dorgesh-Kaan or made with Bullseye lantern frame with a Lantern lens. All that is needed is to take an unlit one and light it with a tinderbox in the chemist's house. No assembly is required (Sapphire and Emerald lanterns CAN be used for this)|
|They Have Families to Feed||Pickpocket a Falador guard.||None||40||None||Yes||Pickpocket any guard in Falador.|
|Stoic Sweetcorn Guardian||Place a scarecrow to protect your sweetcorn as it grows in the patch north of Port Sarim.||None||23||3 sweetcorn seeds and a scarecrow.||Yes||"Plant" the Scarecrow in the flower patch near the allotment by using the Scarecrow with the patch. The sweetcorn only has to be planted, not grown. 3 sweetcorn seeds are needed for one patch. You only need to plant in one patch, not both. You must plant the sweetcorn after planting your scarecrow though, otherwise you have to do the task again. If you already planted a scarecrow before starting the tasks, you DO NOT have to remove it and place a new scarecrow in the flower patch. Just plant the sweetcorn seeds and this task will be complete.|
|Look Spiffy For Tiffy||Salute Sir Tiffy Cashien while wearing full Initiate armour.||Recruitment Drive||20 |
|None||Yes||Sir Tiffy Cashien is found sitting on a bench in Falador Park. You can buy initiate off him for 20,000gp, assuming you buy the harness. Note that the Goblin Salute emote will work as well, causing Sir Tiffy to say, "That's a very strange gesture, (username)".|
|Do They Come in Other Colours?||Smith Blurite crossbow limbs on Thurgo’s anvil.||The Knight's Sword||10 |
|A hammer, a pickaxe.||Yes||Superheat runes recommended for those who mine the ore. Just one is needed. While there, if you have level 72 Slayer try to kill a Skeletal wyvern as well as an Ice Giant. This will finish a hard task and a medium. (Don't forget your elemental/mind/body shield or Dragonfire shield!)|
|These Aren't the Coins You're Looking For||Travel from Port Sarim to Musa Point for free (with a little help from Charos).||Garden of Tranquillity (S)||None||Ring of Charos (a)||Yes||Talk to any sailor whilst wearing Ring of charos and travel for free.|
|Fun For the Whole Family||Visit the Port Sarim Rat pits.||Rat Catchers||None||None||Yes||Port Sarim is the final rat pit from the quest.|
- Go to Falador west bank. (Make sure you have swamp tar.)
- Take the required items out of your bank.
- Pickpocket a Falador Guard right outside the bank.
- Now run to the south-west side of Falador and crawl under the wall, repeat to return to the city.
- Teleport to Edgeville or the Monastery and run west to the Black Knights' Fortress and kill a Black knight standing outside.
- Run south and grapple on the Falador wall, then jump down. (Near the Park).
- Run west and salute Sir Tiffy Cashien while wearing your Initiate armour.
- Run south to the farm and craft a fruit basket using the loom.
- Exit the farm house and run east, then north through the cabbage patch.
- Plant your scarecrow , then plant your three sweetcorn seeds.
- Run all the way down to Port Sarim and visit the rat pits. (They are near the docks).
- Travel to Karamja for free, and then return to Port Sarim.
- Run south to the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.
- Once inside, kill an ice giant and then mine a blurite ore.
- Leave the dungeon and smelt the bar (Use superheat item if you have the runes)
- Smith the bar into blurite limbs on Thurgo's anvil.
- Run north west to Rimmington to the chemists house and light your Bullseye lantern.
- Talk to the Chemist for your rewards.
- If a scarecrow is already made and placed in the flower patch, then sweetcorn seeds will only need to be planted.
- If sweetcorn is already planted in the allotment patch, you will only need to place a scarecrow in the flowers patch.
- Wear a ring of Charos (a) and talk to the sailors with the "Charm" option to be allowed to reach Musa Point for free.
- To save some time, use the Superheat Item spell to turn the blurite ore into a bar to smith the crossbow limbs
- A bullseye lantern will only need to be re-lit at the chemists house.
- The explorer ring reward from the Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks may help in travelling to the farm.
- Falador Shield 2, which has the ability to restore 50% of your prayer (daily) and also grants a prayer boost of +4.
- 5,000 experience lamp to use on skill of choice for levels over 40.
- Increases Farming experience when using the allotment, flower and herb patches north of Port Sarim by 10%. Shield must be worn for this to work.
|Task||Description||Quest(s) Required||Skill(s) Required||Item(s) Required||Members||Notes|
|A Knight in the Darkness||Ascend the Dark Wizards' Tower while wearing full proselyte armour.||Slug Menace||30 |
|Proselyte armour||Yes||You need to wear full proselyte armour. This can be bought from other players, the Grand Exchange or Sir Tiffy Cashien who can be found in Falador park.|
|Child of Saradomin||Change your family crest to the Saradomin symbol.||None||70 |
|5,000 coins||Yes||70 Prayer needed (boosting has no effect). Talk to Sir Renitee, he is sitting in a chair located on the east end of the first floor of the White Knight's Castle. Note: When he talks to you about your tasks, you will get a free voucher to change back to your icon, but this is only once.|
|Mass Production||Craft 140 or more Mind runes simultaneously, without using pouches or familiars.||None||56||None||No||
At level 56 Runecrafting, 28 essence is enough. All of the essence used must be of the same type to make 140. Using some of each(regular and pure) type will not work. From level 84 Runecrafting it can be completed with 20 essence. (The assist system does not work any more, however you can get a mind altar teleport from the runecrafting guild, get a pouch, and get a +2 bonus from Oldak in Dorgeshuun. You will need a tiara or talisman as well)
If you're using a pouch to store essence, you'll have to drop an essence, remove one from the pouch, drop the pouch, pick up the essence, and then craft the runes. Crafting the runes with a pouch in your inventory will not work.
|It Spoiled My View||Cut down a Yew tree or Magic tree that you grew in Falador Park.||None||60 |
|None||Yes||If you have 55 Farming you can eat a pork pie to do this task. You can pay the Farmer 10 cactus spines to ensure it doesn't die. The tree may be chopped at 59 or 58 Woodcutting by using an Axeman's folly or it's mature counterpart, respectively. Paying to have the farmer chop it down does not work - you must chop the tree down yourself.|
|I Heard You Like Mudskips||Dial to the fairy ring on Mudskipper Point.||A Fairy Tale Part II - Cure a Queen (S)||None||None||Yes||Fairy Ring Code: A•I•Q|
Lunar staff or Dramen staff is needed, unless Fairytale III has been completed.
|It Matches My Eyes||Dye a cape pink with Pink dye from Betty in Port Sarim.||Hand in the Sand||None||A cape||Yes||20 coins for pink Dye. Capes are dropped by highwaymen north of Betty's shop.|
|The Stonemasons||Enter the Mining Guild.||None||60||None||No||A dwarven stout(m) can be used to get in at 58 Mining or a dwarven stout at 59.|
|The Mogre Mash||Kill a mogre at Mudskipper Point.||None||32||None||Yes||Mogre (miniquest) is needed. Fishing explosive used as lure can be bought from slayer masters.|
|Why Oh Wyvern||Kill a skeletal wyvern in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon.||Elemental Workshop I (R)||72 (B)||None||Yes||It is recommended to use an elemental shield or dragonfire shield, and range or mage them from a distance with Protect from Missiles. Contrary to popular belief, they can be killed with two-handed or dual wielded weapons, but this requires you to have Protect from Magic on at all times, otherwise heavy damage will be sustained. At least level 72 Slayer is needed to cause damage, though this can be boosted from as low as level 67. It is advised to bring multiple Wild pies if you do intend to boost your level. Another method would be to bring a friend with the required slayer level, then attack the wyvern with the retribution prayer activated. As long as your retribution prayer hits the wyvern first when you die, another person can finish off the wyvern and you still get the task complete.|
|Banned For Life||Summon an Ibis in the Port Sarim fish store.||None||56||Ibis pouch.||Yes|
- Plant the yew or magic tree first, as the trees take 380 and 460 minutes to grow, respectively.
- Dial to the fairy ring on Mudskipper Point (A I Q)
- Kill a mogre there, by using fishing explosive on the ominous fishing spot (make sure you stand a few squares away).
- Run north and kill a skeletal wyvern in the Asgarnian Ice Dungeon. Don't forget to equip an Elemental shield, Mind shield, Body shield or Dragonfire Shield. You can use the Explorer's ring to get out. (Note: If you used prayer for fighting the Skeletal wyvern, there is a nearby altar outside the dungeon.)
- Run down to Port Sarim.
- Dye a cape pink with Pink dye from Betty in Port Sarim.
- Run south Summon an Ibis in the Port Sarim fish store.
- Teleport back to Falador. Go through the crumbled wall west of Falador's west bank and go upstairs of the Dark Wizards' Tower while wearing full proselyte armour
- Return to Falador and go inside White Knight's Castle, change your family crest to the Saradomin symbol.
- Run east and enter the Mining Guild.
- Craft 140 mind runes simultaneously. The mind altar can be found just east of the Goblin Village.
- Players must have 70 Prayer to change their crest. Temporarily increasing it with the spa bonus, the altar in the Monastery or Senntisten Temple, or the Ancient mace's special attack will not work.
- If the player's current crest is set to a money bag, Sir Renitee will give the player a Money crest voucher when he changes his or her crest for the task.
- The task of crafting mind runes can be boosted with Spicy stew. Take a runecrafting pouch, an orange spicy stew and a full inventory essence with you. Drop 2 essence, unload the bag, Eat the stew, drop the pouch and bowl, and pick up the essence. with 28 essence in inventory, craft the mind runes.
Talk to Squire Asrol, who is at the centre of the Falador Castle courtyard, for the hard rewards.
- Falador shield 3, which has the ability to restore 100% of your prayer (once daily) and grants +5 prayer bonus
- 10,000 Experience lamp to use on skill of choice for levels over 50
- Access to new seeds from Wyson (found at the Falador Park), by trading in Mole skin in exchange for 1 White lily seed and a birds nest (no longer need to wield your Falador shield 3)
- White lily seeds provide protection for all allotment plants when planted in a flower patch
- More experience when farming in plot north of Port Sarim.
- A new bank deposit box at the Crafting Guild.
|When This Cavern's Rockin'...||Catch a rocktail in the Living Rock Caverns .||None||90||
Living Minerals, Fishing Rod
|Yes||Fishing boosting items can be used for boosts: Fishing potion or Fish pie for +3 levels, Admiral pie for +5 levels.|
|You'd Best Come A-cookin'||Cook a rocktail on a range in the Falador area.||None||93||Raw Rocktail||Yes||A Chef's delight can be used to boost Cooking levels. If the fish is burned the task will not be completed. You must use a range for this task, it cannot be completed using a fire.|
|Concentration is Key||Mine concentrated gold in the Living Rock Caverns.||None||80||Any Pickaxe||Yes||A Dwarven stout or Dwarven stout (m) can be used to boost levels by +1 or +2 respectively.|
|I Swear I Heard It Scream||Chop down a magic tree grown in your tree patch in Falador Park.||None||75 |
Hatchet, Magic Sapling if a Magic Tree isn't already grown
|Yes||A Pork pie (+5 level boost), Garden pie (+3 level boost), Compost mound (1+2% level boost), or Stranger plant (1+4% level boost) can be used to boost Farming to 75. You can have the gardener watch over the tree in exchange for twenty-five Coconuts. 75 Farming is not required when checking health.|
An Axeman's folly or Axeman's folly (m) can be used to boost levels by +1 or +2 Woodcutting respectively. Paying to have the gardener chop it down will not work - you must chop the tree down yourself.
|I've Changed My Mind!||Use a summoned hydra to regrow a tree in your patch in Falador Park.||None||80 15||
Hydra Pouch, 1 Regrowth Scroll
15 farming is the lowest requirement for planting a tree in a farming patch.
|A String and a Flare||Cast the String Jewellery spell while standing at the furnace in Falador.||Lunar Diplomacy||80||
2 Astral, 10 Earth, 5 Water runes, Any Unstrung Amulet
|Yes||You will need an unstrung amulet in your inventory to cast the spell.|
|Altar-ed State||Use the altar in the White Knights' Castle to switch curses off, while you have Turmoil active.||The Temple at Senntisten||95||None||Yes||In order to complete this task you must have the ability to swap back to prayers at any altar enabled. If you don't get the option to switch back to normal prayers at the altar, visit the Zaros Altar at the Senntisten Temple. When praying at the altar there, you will get an option to enable prayer switching anywhere.|
- Falador shield 4 - when worn :
- Operate shield to restore all of your Prayer points twice per day
- Same damage-reduction ability as the Anti-dragon shield (mole)
- Receive a +5% experience and respect bonus in the Artisans' Workshop
- At all times
- A +20 boost to prayer points when using the altar in Falador Castle, even if converted to a Zaros Altar.
- Ability to convert the altar to Zaros by using the ancient hymnal on it. This will allow the player to switch between prayers and curses at this altar. The player must either kill the two White Knights in the room or move them into the room to the south (to avoid losing Black Knight kills) before doing so. Trying to add the ancient hymnal to the altar without removing the knights will prompt the message "It'd be better not to do this whilst there are white knights around!".
- Chance of getting a Mole nose drop from the giant mole, which Wyson will trade for higher value nests.
- Ability to exchange up to 50 lily seeds a day for 100 farming experience each from Falador gardeners.
- Experience Lamps
- Experience lamp - 2 x 30,000 experience in the skill of your choice level 90 or over
- Experience lamp - 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice level 84 or over
- Experience lamp - 50,000 experience in the skill of your choice level 72 or over
(All experience lamps give a total reward of 160,000 experience.)
- On the day the tasks came out the spoilers exclaimed: "Spoilers are wicked things, and the White Knights prefer to see them locked up for a day." However, the spoilers on the website were still locked more than 3 days after the release.
- On the day the tasks came out, a player could be assisted by another player with a higher Runecrafting level to complete the task of creating 196 air runes in one action. Jagex noticed this the next day and changed it.
- The Tasks symbol in the chemist's was there long before the actual tasks were released.
- After travelling to Musa Point to complete the Medium task, a player can take a ride back on the same ship to complete an Easy Karamja task.
- After the RuneTek 5 update there was a glitch where buying a farming amulet from Sarah did not register as a completed task. This was fixed by Jagex shortly after.
- Before 17 September 2009, the hard task "Craft 140 mind runes simultaneously" was instead "Craft 196 air runes simultaneously". Also, the easy task of "Make an air tiara" was changed to "Make a mind tiara". They were changed when the air altar was moved to south-west of Varrock. Due to this update, the Runecrafting level needed has fallen from 66 to 56.
- Port Sarim and Goblin Village are also part of the Falador task area.
- One task named "I Heard You Like Mudskips,"is a reference to the internet meme "So I herd u liek Mudkipz."
- One of the elite tasks has a slight error, missing a period at the end. This has yet to be fixed.
- The task "Mudskip the Light Fantastic" is a reference to the phrase "trip the light fantastic" from the 1894 song "The Sidewalks of New York". A variation on this phrase can be found in the Procol Harum song A Whiter Shade of Pale: "skip the light fandango".
- Upon the change into Tasks, several Varrock and Falador tasks became available to free players.
- The task "It's Not Wabbit Season" is a reference to a Loony Tunes cartoon in which Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are arguing over which hunting season it is, with Elmer Fudd being the hunter.
- When doing the task "Looking Spiffy For Sir Tiffy", should you use Goblin Salute instead of the normal one, he will say "That's a very strange gesture, Name."
- The task "These aren't the coins you're looking for" is a reference to "Star Wars," when Obi-wan tells storm troopers "These aren't the droids you're looking for."
- The tasks "When this Cavern's A-Rockin'" and "You'd Best Come A-Cookin'" are a reference to the phrase "When this (room or vehicle)'s A-Rockin', Don't come A-Knockin'".
- The task "I Swear I Heard It Scream" is a reference to the talking trees in The Wizard of Oz.
- The task "I've Changed My Mind!" used to need the quest "Wolf Whistle" as a requirement but due to an update no longer needs it.
- The task "A String and a Flare" could be a reference to the 1944 movie "Wing and a Prayer"
- The task "Blinded with Science" is probably a reference to the 1982 new wave song "She Blinded me with Science" by British musician Thomas Dolby.
- Currently the Zaros altar after being converted only gives +2 prayer bonus over your level normally allows.
- The task "Fruit of the Loom" is a reference to the popular clothing company by the same name, who design clothing in Europe and North America.
- The task "Climbing the Walls" shows up as unlocked when players have the required Level 11 Agility and Level 19 Ranged. However, the task also requires Level 37 Strength. If a player tries to complete the task before having the required Strength level, the message "You need at least 19 Ranged, 11 Agility, and 37 Strength to do that." appears. The Strength Requirement is not listed as a requirement on the Notice Board.
- The task "The Mogre Mash" is probably a reference to the 1962 song "Monster Mash" by Bobby Pickett.