|Main Music||The Mad Mole|
|Strongest Monster||Giant Mole (level 110)|
Click the map to view a larger version.
The Falador Mole Lair is a dungeon located in Falador. To get here you must have a light source (lit candle, lantern, etc.) and dig in one of the mole hills in Falador Park with a spade. It is home to a single level-110 Giant Mole, along with many Baby Moles. It is advised for lower levels to avoid this area. Also, when fighting the mole, sometimes it will retreat and dig under the surface, extinguishing your light source. You will then need to find it again. To get out of this labyrinth, go to the southern end and jump on the rocks. After that, climb the rope and you will arrive at a well south of White Knights' Castle. If you have mole claws or mole skins, you can trade them with Wyson for bird nests, which contain seeds or jewellery. If you have completed the Falador Tasks (hard) and have the Falador shield in your bank, on your person, or in your inventory you can get White lily seeds from Wyson in exchange for mole claws.
The mole lair can be entered in Falador Park, in the northern part of the city. There are many mole hills throughout the park and players can dig in any mole hill to enter the lair. Regardless of the mole hill used to enter the lair, the player always appears in the same spot in the lair.
When exiting the lair, the player appears next to the well in the southern part of the city. This is a one-way exit; the player cannot climb down the well to enter the lair.
- Before the Trade and Drop Changes people used to lure low-level players to the lair and get them to attack the mole. When they died, the person who lured them took their items.
- One fast banking method when using the lair is to use the lair's exit, run to the Falador east bank, and then run from there to the park to enter the lair again. Using the Falador Teleport spell can often be an even faster banking method. Just use the teleport in the lair, run to the east bank, and run to the park to enter the lair again. Selling just some of the mole's drops should easily pay for the teleport runes.
- The giant mole is not aggressive, so players are safe in the lair unless they attack the mole themselves. This makes the lesser Summoning Obelisk in the lair quite usable by any level player. Since there is no other summoning obelisk in or near Falador, the lair's obelisks is a practical way to recharge summoning points while in Falador.
- The Protect from Melee prayer can be very useful when fighting the giant mole. There is an Altar to recharge prayer on the second floor of the White Knights Castle.
- Some mapping to fix the floor and walls in the Falador Mole Lair were altered due to an update on 9 November 2009.
- When examining a baby mole the text says "Moley, Moley, Moley!" This may be a reference to a scene from "Austin Powers: Goldmember"
- When examining a different baby mole, the text says "I shall call him, mini mole!". This may be a reference to Dr. Evil's Mini Me is the Austin Powers movie series.
- There seems to be a blocked off area in the south-west corner, as seen on the minimap, of the Mole Lair that is inaccessible at the moment. Although it cannot be seen from the normal view without the minimap.