|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||1 coin|
|Store price|| 3 coins|
|Exchange price||5 coins (info)|
|Examine||It seems to be looking at me. Used in Herblore (3).|
Eye of newt is needed for quests including Recipe for Disaster and the miniquest Witch's Potion. Also, after players complete Tower of Life, they can use them in the Creature Creation minigame, along with a feather, to create the Newtroost. Finally, they are food for the sneakerpeeper spawn.
At one time Eye of Newt was worth 200 coins on the Grand Exchange and could be bought or sold quickly. However, with the introduction of Eye of newt packs, each of which contains 50 eyes of newts, the increased supply causes the price of this item to drop quickly to 16-18 coins. The price later rose to over 100 coins, but has fallen again since then.
|Newtroost||80||4; 6; 8; 12||Always|
|Cave bug||8; 12||1||Common|
|Cave crawler||53; 74; 78||1||Common|
|Armoured zombie||86||1–4; (noted)||Uncommon|
|Ghast||50; 79; 109; 139||1||Rare|
- Frincos's Fabulous Herb Store in Entrana - Players can use the Balloon transport system from Castle Wars, which costs 1 normal log. Then they can choose a bank in Draynor Village or Pest Control, or use the bank drop at the Entrana monks in Port Sarim.
- Port Sarim magic shop (if the balloon system has not been unlocked) - to get to Port Sarim you can use the explorer's ring 3 to teleport to the Falador cabbage patch and run south to the shop. The easiest way to store is to drop them in the bank drop close to the Entrana monks on the docks. If you need to pick up something from your bank, you can choose from several banks. Either run to the Void Knight sea transport on the Port Sarim Docks (south) and bank at Pest Control, or use a call to arms scroll with a Void familiar as a quicker alternative to the sea transport. An amulet of glory teleport to Draynor Village bank is another method. Still another is to use a ring of duelling to teleport to the Castle Wars bank.
- Poletax's Herblore Shop in Taverley. It is at the Herblore stall between the Prayer, Firemaking, and Hunter areas.
Eyes of newt can also be bought in packs containing 50 eyes of newt each. They are found only in the Taverley and Entrana stores, which stock 20 packs each.
- This item is almost certainly a reference to the Shakespeare play Macbeth (Act 4, Scene 1), in which the witches add eye of newt to their brew.
- Eye of gnome, an item bought from the magic stall in Ape Atoll, which does not have the same effect as eye of newt.