|Release date||7 September 2010 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You will need to obtain a new ring from Ned in Draynor if you destroy this one.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A Lumbridge explorer's ring.|
The Explorer's ring 4 is a reward for completing all the tasks in the Lumbridge and Draynor task set. It is an upgraded version of the Explorer's ring 3, obtained from Ned in Draynor Village, and can be retrieved from him for free if lost.
The ring is currently the best offensive ring available to free players as it provides a bonus of 10 to all combat styles.
A player casting high alchemy with the explorer's ring 4
|[view] • [talk]|
All per-day abilities reset at 00:00 UTC.
From Explorer's ring 3Edit
- When worn
- A 10% chance to craft an additional rune for each essence used when visiting an elemental altar. For each extra rune crafted, the base experience per essence for that rune type is awarded again. (ex: an inventory of 28 rune essence on average yields 2.8 extra rune essences worth of runes and experience). This makes it an excellent tool for runecrafting.
- Operate ring
- Three charges of run energy recharges (50 percent each) per day
- The ability to teleport to the cabbage patch south of Falador
- 30 charges of Low Alchemy per day (930 magic XP)
For Explorer's ring 4 onlyEdit
- Operate ring
- 15 charges of High Alchemy per day (975 magic experience)
- 27 charges of Superheat Item per day (1431 magic experience plus appropriate smithing experience)
- At all times
- A free hamper of food from the Lumbridge Cook per day
- A 50% chance of not using runes when casting the Bones to Bananas spell, up to a maximum of 10 times per day. This can be attempted without the ring in your inventory or having the ring equipped, however you must have the runes in order to cast the spell. (25 magic experience per cast, free or otherwise)
Doing all 30 low alchemy, 15 high alchemy and 27 super heat gives 3,336 Magic experience per day. (3,586 experience if you include 10 casts of Bones to Bananas). There is a small profit to be made turning bones into bananas depending on the staff equipped and runes used, for details see the Bones to Bananas spell page. If doing it only for Magic experience, add only one bone to inventory at a time as it turns ALL bones in inventory into bananas for only 25 experience per spell regardless of number of bones.
Tips for Alchemy and SuperheatingEdit
Since it is possible to perform alchemy on noted items, withdrawing sufficient noted items means you can fully high and low alchemise without restocking from your bank. A good candidate for low-alching is the maple shieldbow (u), which gives 128 coins and costs 93 coins. For high alchemy the usual candidates can be considered, the ring will perform 291 coins better than the standard staff-and-nats set up.
Equally, superheating Iron ore into Iron bars can be fully completed without restocking your inventory for a profit of 8100 coins and 337.5 Smithing XP per day; with gold ore into gold bars there is a loss of -6669 coins, but 1517.4 Smithing XP if wearing Goldsmith gauntlets.
- On the day of release a bug prevented the alchemy options to be cast twice at a fast pace. If a player were to use either of the ring's alchemy, they would have to wait until the casting animation was completely over before casting it again, otherwise they would be able to reactivate the spell but unable to actually choose an item to cast it on. This has been fixed.
- Since then there has been an update to alchemy spells that forces the player to wait for the entire animation of high or low level alchemy with or without the ring. However superheat item can still be cast at twice per animation but using the ring will only allow once per animation.
- The Explorer's ring 4 had the ability to alchemise itself. The Explorer's ring 2 and 3 became able to alch themselves too since the release of elite tasks, but the bug was fixed on 21 September 2010.
- Effective as of the 2 November 2010 update, the low alchemy, high alchemy and superheat interfaces have been reworked to make them much more user friendly.
- The Explorer's ring 3 and 4 are used very often due to an unlimited teleport fairly close to a bank, deposit box, water source, milk seller, yew trees, Chickens and fireplace, as well as going directly into a cabbage patch which can be used for lots of free food.
- When crafting any elemental runes, while not wearing the ring, the game will display the message: "If you were wearing your explorer's ring you may have earned more runes."
- There is no extra Run Replenish from the Explorer's Ring 4, three charges same as explorer's ring 3.
- The Explorer's ring is not allowed on Entrana because the monks say its magic is too powerful.
- The Explorer's ring 4 can be used in the Alchemists Playground. It is unknown whether or not this is a bug.
- The Explorer's rings' (all versions) alchemy option does not work in Asgarnian Ice Dungeon resource dungeon, where frost dragons reside.
- For free players this is the only in-combat escape ring. It also works in the Wilderness.
- Previously it was possible to attempt to cast bones to bananas without having any runes in your inventory. Attempting to cast it would either not activate and display the message that you are missing the runes or the spell would be cast for free (up to 10 times per day as normal). This allowed players to gain a larger profit since all 28 inventory slots could be filled with bones, and also gain magic exp without needing nature runes.