|Release date||31 January 2005 (Update)|
|XP per kill||56 (and 18.5 experience)|
|Examine text|| Sheep-dog/Spider-man: One of Fenkenstrain's failed experiments.
Wolf-woman: It has a key hanging from it's collar.
Experiments can be found in the Experiment Cave, which can be accessed during Creature of Fenkenstrain quest. Completing the whole quest is not required to kill them, as you can simply push the farthest memorial from the castle and you will enter finding quite a few of them. There are seven Experiment spawns in the Experiment cave: four Sheep-dogs and three Spider-men.
The Wolf-woman may only be killed once (unless you drop the cavern key obtained by killing it) during the Creature of Fenkenstrain quest. It is significantly stronger than the other experiments, with a max hit of 100.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 91
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Experiment bone 1 Common Not sold Cavern key 1 Common Not sold Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold
- The Sheep-dog may refer to the saying "A wolf in sheep's clothing", or possibly a sheep dog.
- Spider-man might be a reference to Spider-Man. It also closely resembles one of the mutant toys from the Pixar film Toy Story.
- When calculating combat level the only way this creature can have combat level 25 and 1000 LP, is if all of its other combat statistics are 1. This is reasonable as they have bad defence, rarely hit and have a max hit of 19.This is however dependant on whether RuneScape monsters without armour use the same combat calculating methods as players, and whether unofficial calculators are precisely accurate.
- When attempting to kill the level 51 Wolf-woman after obtaining the cavern key, a message appears saying: "You don't have the heart to kill the poor creature again."
- The heads and bodies of the experiments still have the old graphics.
- Even though the experiments are crossed between two monsters of different races, like sheep and wolf, they still drop regular bones.
- The head of the Spider-man appears similar to the old default head of a male PC (player-character).
- The head of the Spider-man also closely resembles the old graphic of dwarves. If it is indeed a dwarf head, it may be a parody reference to the dwarf-spider, a large poisonous spider that is found in both the USA and England (In England it is more commonly known as the money-spider).
- The Spider-man has a glitch where when walking on hills, part of its legs will seem to not be there.
- It seems that crush type attacks are more effective against the Spider-man, and slash attacks against the Sheep-dog.
- The Morytania task, "Lab Clean-up Assistant" requires that you kill an experiment.
- Even though the Spider-man has a human head, it makes spider noises instead of human noises when in combat.
- It is possible for Sheep-dog or Spider-man to respawn before it has been killed, resulting in two.
- The Spider-man drops bones despite the facts that spiders don't drop bones and the only part of it that's man is the head, which is only the skull.
- When killing the Sheep-dog it makes the same sound that your player would make when shooing a stray dog away in Varrock.