|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Merlin's Crystal|
|High alch||120 coins|
|Low alch||80 coins|
|On death||Not reclaimable from gravestone|
|Store price|| 500 coins|
(Lady of the Lake)
|Examine||This used to belong to King Arthur.|
Excalibur is a member's only quest weapon, that was once and still is wielded by the legendary King Arthur. To wield this weapon the player needs at least 30 Attack. Its stats are the same as those of a mithril longsword. It has a special ability activated by right clicking it while equipped, which raises the users defence by 8 levels.
To receive an Excalibur the player must complete the Merlin's Crystal quest to a certain point. It's seen again in the Holy Grail quest, and can be recovered if lost by paying 500 coins to the Lady of the Lake south of Taverley. It can be displayed in a player-owned house with 42 Construction. This weapon cannot be made using the Smithing skill.
It should however be noted that this is one of the items never retained upon death; you will have to return to the Lady of the Lake to get another one. She will charge you 500 coins to return the sword.
The Lady of the Lake will turn this weapon into the enhanced excalibur after completing the hard Seers' Village Tasks. Because of an update, players no longer need to be wearing the Seers' headband 3 when they speak with her in order to have the weapon enchanted. Note, however, that players cannot mount it for display in their Quest Hall after the enhancement. Players may receive another excalibur for 500 coins by talking with Lady of the Lake, even if they have mounted one in their house.
|Compare item|| |
A player wielding the excalibur
|[view] • [talk]|
- Its ability was previously a special attack.
- On 20 January 2009, the inventory image for Excalibur was updated to coincide with the release of the Seers' Village Tasks. Players who had Excalibur, or did the quest, before the update still have the old inventory model, even when trying to buy a new one. This was fixed on 29 September 2014.
- Excalibur is one of the few weapons to have a specific name. Others include Silverlight, Darklight, Keris, Barrelchest Anchor and Balmung.
- Before the Evolution of Combat update, despite having an adamant longsword's stats, it required only level 20 Attack.
- Excalibur, as a main-hand weapon, technically has a higher damage rating than Enhanced excalibur, an off-hand weapon. However, the latter still has a far superior accuracy rating as well as other handy buffs.