|Release date||10 February 2009 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Merlin's Crystal|
|High Alch||120 coins|
|Low Alch||80 coins|
|Destroy||You can retrieve the Enhanced excalibur from the Lady of the Lake for 500 coins.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||This used to belong to King Arthur and has since been improved.|
The enhanced excalibur, or EE, is an upgraded version of Excalibur that may be obtained upon completion of the hard Seers' Village Tasks, upgrading after the fourth part. The Lady of the Lake will enhance Excalibur after completing the hard portion of the Seers' Village Tasks and wearing the Seers' headband 3 (not necessary if obtaining a replacement). Enhanced excalibur's stats are equal to that of a rune longsword, only with a lower strength bonus and weight, and a special attack.
NOTE: If you happen to log out during the special's effect, the special will NOT continue healing you after you log in again, although the 15% defence boost will still be applied. The healing effect will continue even if you switch weapons.
The special's effect does work in Duel Arena when food is turned off.
Like poison damage, the effect will stop when a player is banking and continue immediately when the bank is closed.
Once enhanced, it can no longer be mounted onto the wall of a player's Quest Hall, however when reclaiming the excalibur from the Lady of the Lake it will give you the option to get the original one instead.
A player wielding enhanced excalibur
|[view] • [talk]|
Uses for the special attack
- Saving many inventory spaces during quests by not having to bring as much food or a familiar.
- Having in inventory as a stable special weapon when you have a chaotic weapon.
- Healing at the bank when lifepoints are low.
- Healing when training Thieving or Agility.
- Healing while training Mining and Fishing in Living Rock Caverns.
- Replacement for a Saradomin Godsword that doesn't unequip your shield and is much cheaper. Note that one of the requirements of Elite Seers task needs 92 Herblore, making it much more expensive to get the Elite Enhanced Excalibur than the Saradomin Godsword, but it is cheaper to replace it.
- Healing when training Ranged or Magic as many ranged and magic weapons do not use Special Attack energy (E.g. Aviansies/Kree'arra).
- Replacement for waterskins or enchanted water tiara during desert travels.
- Defence boost in combat activities like Soul Wars or Barbarian Assault.
- Healing during the Fight Caves or Fight Kiln while giving a Defence bonus.
- Healing during trips to the Abyss.
- Healing when doing Phoenix Lair.
- Healing when doing long trips at Barrows.
- Replacement for defence potions and food during Slayer tasks or when doing combat.
- Replacement for food when using Recover Special.
- Renewal of health after the usage of an overload.
- Healing and defence boosting while doing Temple Trekking
Elite enhanced excalibur
Players who have finished the elite Seers' Village Tasks automatically have their enhanced excalibur's special attack changed to double the healing duration to 40 life points every 2 seconds for 20 seconds, for a total of 400 life points. This version is often referred to as elite enhanced excalibur or EEE.
- After the Game Engine update of 2 September 2009, the special attack did not activate until you attacked something. The bug was fixed later that day.
- Multiple Enhanced Excaliburs may be obtained. If a player possesses multiple Excaliburs and takes them to the Lady of the Lake to be enhanced after completion of the hard Seers' Tasks, they will all be upgraded. Similarly, a player may buy a new Excalibur if he/she loses or destroys it and choose between having the original or enhanced version (note that the player must not have an enchanted version to buy another excalibur). By choosing originals, dropping them to buy the desired amount and picking them all up, a player can talk to the Lady of the Lake and have all Excaliburs enhanced in one go.
- According to the actual legend, this sword could only be used to its full potential when wielded by King Arthur and was capable of killing even the dead.