|Release date||10 February 2009 (Update)|
|High Alch||120 coins|
|Low Alch||80 coins|
|Destroy||You can retrieve the Enhanced Excalibur from the Lady of the Lake for 500 coins.|
|Store price|| 500 coins|
(Lady of the Lake)
|Examine||This used to belong to King Arthur and has since been improved to be held in the offhand.|
The Enhanced Excalibur is an upgraded version of Excalibur that may be obtained upon completion of the hard Seers' Village Tasks. The player may speak to Lady of the Lake (it is no longer required to wear the Seers' headband 3) and she will enhance the player's Excalibur.
Enhanced Excalibur has tier 72 damage and tier 70 accuracy, and is the close equivalent to an off-hand abyssal whip; it is the second best non-degradable off-hand for melee (after Jessika's sword) and a large step up from dragon off-hands. It is also known for its healing ability which can be activated by right clicking it while it is equipped, and which is doubled upon completion of the elite Seer's Village Tasks. This ability has a recharge of 5 minutes. This cooldown is shared with Rejuvenate, Guthix's blessing and Ice Asylum.
If the item is lost, a replacement can be retrieved from the Lady of the Lake in Taverley for 500 coins. The Seers' headband is not needed when reclaiming the sword.
|Compare item|| |
A player wielding an enhanced excalibur
|[view] • [talk]|
|Version||Lifepoints healed||Reward from|
|Standard||None||Merlin's Crystal quest|
|Enhanced||4% of max lifepoints 5 times over a period of 20 seconds, resulting in a total of 20% of max lifepoints healed.||Seers' Village Hard tasks|
|Elite enhanced||4% of max lifepoints 10 times over a period of 40 seconds, resulting in a total of 40% of max lifepoints heal.||Seers' Village Elite tasks|
By activating the enhanced excalibur, defence receives a 15% boost, and heals the player for 400 lifepoints every 4 seconds for 20 seconds, or 40 if the Elite Seers Village Tasks are completed. This effect shares a 5 minute cooldown with Guthix's Blessing, Rejuvenate and Ice Asylum.
Unequiping Excalibur will NOT end the healing effect early so one is free to switch to another off-hand weapon or shield after activation.
For quick use of the enhanced excalibur special ability, it is recommended to assign the weapon onto the ability bar. If the weapon is already equipped, pressing its corresponding hotkey will activate the ability. If it is not equipped, pressing once will equip the weapon and pressing once more will activate the ability.
- Between the release of the Evolution of Combat and that of Legacy mode, its special was instead turned into a passive bonus that had a chance to heal 1% of your current Life Points for the Enhanced version, or 2% for the elite version.
- Multiple Enhanced Excaliburs may be obtained. If a player possesses multiple Excaliburs and takes them to the Lady of the Lake to be enhanced after completion of the hard Seers' Tasks, they will all be upgraded. Similarly, a player may buy a new Excalibur if they lose or destroy it and choose between having the original or enhanced version (note that the player must not have an enhanced version to buy another Excalibur). By choosing originals, dropping them to buy the desired amount and picking them all up, a player can talk to the Lady of the Lake and have all Excaliburs enhanced in one go.
- Though an update allegedly restatted this weapon to level 72, only its damage (which was reduced) was affected.
- The enhanced excalibur cannot be mounted in a player's Quest Hall. However, one can simply reclaim the original Excalibur and mount it instead.
- According to the actual legend, this sword could only be used to its full potential when wielded by King Arthur and was capable of killing even the dead.
- Contrary to popular belief, Elite Enhanced Excalibur is simply an ability upgrade of the Enhanced Excalibur, and not a separate item from the standard excalibur. Thus, you do not have to reobtain it after completing the elite tasks.
- With the ability to keepsake items introduced, the Excalibur originally could only be a cosmetic override if the player was wielding an Excalibur.