|Release date||20 August 2003 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||An enchanted empty glass vial.|
An Enchanted vial is made when using the book of binding on an empty glass vial. The vial can be filled with water from the golden bowl (provides enough water to fill ten vials) to make holy water. They cannot be used as normal water vessels, nor for Herblore. Holy water is a usually weak ranged weapon, and is only effective on demons.
The process of making enchanted vials drains 5 prayer and magic levels. It is therefore recommended to make them near an altar and bank (for stat restore potions). Good places to make quantities of enchanted vials are:
- By the dueling arena, where there are 2 bank chests and an altar by the hospital area.
- A Clan Citadel of tier 5 or greater, using the altar immediately next to the Head Guard in the keep
- In Oo'glog (for the prayer-restoring sulphur spring, after As a First Resort...)
- Varrock (at the small eastern bank, near the church).
- In the bank of Seers' Village, since there is a prayer altar close to the bank.
- Clan Wars White Portal, allow someone to kill you and your stats will all be restored after you die. (Beware : If you die in the Red Portal, you will LOSE ALL item you are holding!)
- At the Grand Exchange (using Citharede robes and the musician to restore prayer).
Enchanted vials can be made in quantities of 1-10, depending on the amount of vials in an inventory and prayer/magic levels remaining. (please note: you need at least level 10 magic to enchant.)
Enchanted vials can be made after Legends' Quest. The book of binding can be obtained in a Player-owned house bookcase, and the golden bowl can be smithed with two gold bars at an anvil (note that this can fail, wasting 1-2 gold bars). The bowl(s) would then have to be blessed by Gujuo in the Kharazi Jungle, summonned by a Bull roarer, also obtainable after the quest. Multiple bull roarers may be obtained by giving an Oomlie wrap to a Jungle Forester and using the drop trick.