|Release date||26 November 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||639.7 (and 211.1 experience)|
|Examine text||A Black Knight with lots of combat experience.|
Elite Black Knights are monsters found in the Black Knights' Fortress dungeon or in Lucien's camp after starting the While Guthix Sleeps quest. They drop the exclusive Elite black armour. They have the ability to use prayer, so it is suggested to bring at least 2 forms of attack style to kill them with. After receiving 20 attacks, they will run out of prayer, allowing players to kill them faster. There is also a short break between their attacks when they switch their protection prayers. Wearing full Elite black armour or a full Dagon'hai robes set will make them and others in the dungeon tolerant. Note that these count as black knights with regards to a player's ranking as a White knight, with each knight counting for exactly 10 Black knight kills. They are weak to air spells, but their defence is poor in general, and the player will not miss often.
Elite black knight's prayer is 100% effective, unlike the Kalphite Queen's prayer which only boosts defence. Elite Black Knights will switch prayer, they do this when the sum of the damage dealt is greater than 150 for a given combat style. When they switch prayers, it will reset the damage count for the other combat style. They will run out of prayer after 20 attacks have been made against them while they are using their prayer, regardless of whether those attacks deal damage or not. Smite does not help drain their prayer, and the Smash ability will not disable it.
An easy way to make the Elite black knight to run out of prayer is to use dual wielded weapons and not use any abilities until their prayer drops. This will deal 20 attacks as fast as possible, thereby reducing their prayer quickly.
An alternative for higher level players is to use a combination of a two different weapon types, and attempt to kill the Elite Black Knight in as few hits as possible to avoid excessive weapon switching, a method also commonly used against Tormented Demons for the exact same reason. Using this method, it is possible to kill them in as few as 3 hits, especially if two-handed weapons are used. Good weapons to use are the Chaotic maul or any Godsword for melee, the Chaotic staff or Armadyl Battlestaff for magic (with Air Surge as the attack spell), and the Royal crossbow, Zaryte bow, or Hand cannon for ranged. Familiars such as the Spirit Kyatt or Steel Titan may also be summoned to further speed kills.
Yet another efficient method of killing them is to dual-wield weapons of different attack styles, with a magic weapon in one hand and any other weapon (preferably a melee weapon) in the other. This way, damage of one form or the other is always guaranteed. This works especially well with Momentum.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,320 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Elite black full helm 1 Rare 22,818 Elite black platebody 1 Rare 40,786 Elite black platelegs 1 Rare 40,791 Steel battleaxe 1 Common 110 Black platelegs 1 Common 2,041 Black 2h sword 1 Common 782 Black kiteshield 1 Uncommon 834 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,794
Food and PotionsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chilli potato 1 Common 366 Potato with butter 1 Common 102 Lobster 1–3 Uncommon 218–654 Super restore (1) 1 Uncommon 1,129 Super restore (2) 1 Uncommon 2,525 Prayer mix (1) 1 Uncommon 1,255 Prayer potion (1) 1 Uncommon 867
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Gold bar 1–4(noted) Common 90–360 Mithril bar 1–2 Rare 1,895–3,790 Steel bar 1–3 Uncommon 1,071–3,213 Death rune 1–3 Uncommon 267–801 Chaos rune 1–3 Uncommon 43–129 Blood rune 1–4 Rare 365–1,460 Coins 406–2,397 Common Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 200–350;3,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,323 Uncut emerald 1 Common 2,865 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,437 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 5,788 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 30,445 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 45,120 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 15,552 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,564 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,393 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,197 Rune javelin 5 Rare 850 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,260 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,492 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,458 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,374 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,572,400 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,197 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,639 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,814 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,208 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 14,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,267,050 Rune arrow 150 Rare 22,650 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 101,975 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 16,616 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 133,900–187,460 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 126,900–177,660 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 991 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 346 Pure essence 1,000–1,500 (noted) Uncommon 15,000–22,500 Nature rune 60–80 Rare 17,460–23,280 Soul rune 20 Rare 4,420 Law rune 45 Rare 23,760 Death rune 50 Rare 13,350 Blood rune 50 Rare 18,250 Raw swordfish 125–250 (noted) Uncommon 50,250–100,500 Raw shark 250 (noted) Uncommon 366,250 Big bones 150–180 (noted) Uncommon 97,650–117,180 Coal 550–700 (noted) Uncommon 132,000–168,000 Adamantite ore 150–250 (noted) Uncommon 324,000–540,000 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 9,000 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,061,200 Rune bar 1 Common 13,675 Rune bar 50 (noted) Very rare 683,750 Clean toadflax 35–45 (noted) Uncommon 155,505–199,935 Clean snapdragon 30–35 (noted) Uncommon 141,060–164,570 Clean torstol 16–34 (noted) Uncommon 142,912–303,688 Snapdragon seed 1 Common 2,555 Torstol seed 1 Uncommon 41,717 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 7,023 Magic seed 3–7 Rare 427,980–998,620 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,101,940 Yew logs 450–550 (noted) Rare 175,500–214,500 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Melee) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Magic) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Ranged) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Agility) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Cooking) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (FM) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Fishing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Hunter) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Mining) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Prayer) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Smithing) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (Thieving) 1 Very rare Not sold Brawling gloves (WC) 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- When first released, many players doubted the elite black knights would drop elite black armour more than once, however Mod Emilee confirmed that they would on the forums.
- They yell "Curses, Zamorak has abandoned me!" when they run out of prayer.
- Sometimes elite black knights will switch their Prayer just before they die, even though they would receive less than 150 of total damage and hits. This is probably because the attacking player would have inflicted more damage if the knight had more health.
- Players that have not yet started the While Guthix Sleeps quest can still see the elite black knights from the Chaos Temple near Lucien's camp.
- The elite black knight's level was the highest combat level possible for a player to reach (before the Evolution of Combat), although the knights had 1200 life points instead of the player's max of 990.
- Elite black knights drop their armour, unlike regular black knights, who only drop their swords and full helms.
- Although elite black knights are followers of Zamorak, they used to wield what looked distinctly like a Saradomin sword. However, they now wield black 2h swords.
- Their capes look like team-12 capes but have a black base colour instead of yellow.
- The second warning for bots caught by Botwatch featured normal and Elite Black Knights using the graphically updated versions of their respective armour and weapons, even before they were graphically updated.