This article is about the monster. For unattackble guards, see Elite Black Knight (NPC).
|Release date||26 November 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||486 (and 160.4 experience)|
|Examine text||A Black Knight with lots of combat experience.|
Elite Black Knight are monsters found in the Black Knights' Fortress dungeon or in Lucien's camp after starting the While Guthix Sleeps quest. They drop the exclusive Elite black armour. They have the ability to use prayer, so it is suggested to bring at least 2 forms of attack style to kill them with. After receiving 20 attacks, they will run out of prayer, allowing players to kill them faster. There is also a short break between their attacks when they switch their protection prayers. Wearing full Elite black armour or a full Dagon'hai robes set will make them and others in the dungeon tolerant. Note that these count as black knights with regards to a player's ranking as a White knight, with each knight counting for exactly 10 Black knight kills. They are weaker to magic and crushing attacks than other styles, but their defence is poor in general, and the player will not miss often.
Elite black knight's prayer is 100% effective, unlike the Kalphite Queen's prayer which only boosts defence. Elite Black Knights will switch prayer, they do this when the sum of the damage dealt is greater than 150 for a given combat style. When they switch prayers, it will reset the damage count for the other combat style. They will run out of prayer after 20 attacks have been made against them while they are using their prayer, regardless of whether those attacks deal damage or not. Smite does not help drain their prayer, and neither did the Ancient mace's or Dragon Scimitar's special attacks before the evolution of combat.
An easy way to make the Elite black knight to run out of prayer is to attack it with fast hitting weapons, such as Bronze darts. This will deal 20 attacks as fast as possible, thereby reducing their prayer quickly. Another easy tactic to use against the Elite black knight is the black salamander. When the Black knight changes prayer, it is easy to change your attack style to match. This tactic hits low against the knights, however, as they seem to have very strong defence against the salamander's attacks. Verac's set will penetrate their prayer, although it is fairly rare for the set to hit through their prayers.
An alternative for higher level players is to use a combination of a Chaotic Crossbow/Zaryte Bow/Hand Cannon and a Chaotic Maul, and attempt to kill the Elite Black Knight in as few hits as possible to avoid excessive weapon switching, a method also commonly used against Tormented Demons for the exact same reason. Using this method, it is possible to kill them in as few as 3 hits. Summoning a combat familiar such as a Spirit kyatt or Steel titan also helps kill them faster.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,320 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Elite black full helm 1 Rare 32,068 Elite black platebody 1 Rare 42,514 Elite black platelegs 1 Rare 44,627 Steel battleaxe 1 Common 266 Black platelegs 1 Common 3,217 Black 2h sword 1 Common 1,001 Black kiteshield 1 Uncommon 1,216 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 8,185
Food and PotionsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chilli potato 1 549 Potato with butter 1 486 Lobster 1–3 88–264 Super restore (1) 1 657 Super restore (2) 1 982 Prayer mix (1) 1 1,254 Prayer potion (1) 1 535
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Gold bar 1–4(noted) 138–552 Mithril bar 1–2 1,492–2,984 Steel bar 1–3 756–2,268 Death rune 1–3 93–279 Chaos rune 1–3 41–123 Blood rune 1–4 166–664 Coins 406–2,397 Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
|Show/hide rare drop table|
- When first released, many players doubted the elite black knights would drop elite black armour more than once, however Mod Emilee confirmed that they would on the forums.
- They yell "Curses, Zamorak has abandoned me!" when they run out of prayer.
- Sometimes elite black knights will switch their Prayer just before they die, even though they would receive less than 150 of total damage and hits. This is probably because the attacking player would have inflicted more damage if the knight had more health.
- Players that have not yet started the While Guthix Sleeps quest can still see the elite black knights from the Chaos Temple near Lucien's camp.
- The elite black knight's level was the highest combat level possible for a player to reach (before the Evolution of Combat), although the knights had 1200 life points instead of the player's max of 990.
- Elite black knights drop their armour, unlike regular black knights, who only drop their swords and full helms.
- Although elite black knights are followers of Zamorak, they are wielding what looks distinctly like a Saradomin sword.
- Their capes look like team-12 capes but have a black base colour instead of yellow.
- The second warning for bots caught by Botwatch features normal and Elite Black Knights, but they wear the graphically updated versions of their respective armour and weapons.