This article is about the monster. For unattackble guards, see Elite Black Knight (NPC).
|Release date||26 November 2008 (Update)|
|XP per kill||486 (and 160.3 experience)|
|Examine text||A Black Knight with lots of combat experience.|
Elite Black Knights are monsters found in the Black Knights' Fortress dungeon or in Lucien's camp after starting the While Guthix Sleeps quest. They drop the exclusive Elite black armour. They have the ability to use prayer, so it is suggested to bring at least 2 forms of attack style to kill them with. After receiving 20 attacks, they will run out of prayer, allowing players to kill them faster. There is also a short break between their attacks when they switch their protection prayers. Wearing full Elite black armour or a full Dagon'hai robes set will make them and others in the dungeon tolerant. Note that these count as black knights with regards to a player's ranking as a White knight, with each knight counting for exactly 10 Black knight kills. They are weak to air spells, but their defence is poor in general, and the player will not miss often.
Elite black knight's prayer is 100% effective, unlike the Kalphite Queen's prayer which only boosts defence. Elite Black Knights will switch prayer, they do this when the sum of the damage dealt is greater than 150 for a given combat style. When they switch prayers, it will reset the damage count for the other combat style. They will run out of prayer after 20 attacks have been made against them while they are using their prayer, regardless of whether those attacks deal damage or not. Smite does not help drain their prayer, and the Smash ability will not disable it.
An easy way to make the Elite black knight to run out of prayer is to use dual wielded weapons and not use any abilities until their prayer drops. This will deal 20 attacks as fast as possible, thereby reducing their prayer quickly.
An alternative for higher level players is to use a combination of a two different weapon types, and attempt to kill the Elite Black Knight in as few hits as possible to avoid excessive weapon switching, a method also commonly used against Tormented Demons for the exact same reason. Using this method, it is possible to kill them in as few as 3 hits, especially if two-handed weapons are used. Good weapons to use are the Chaotic maul or any Godsword for melee, the Chaotic staff or Armadyl Battlestaff for magic (with Air Surge as the attack spell), and the Royal crossbow, Zaryte bow, or Hand cannon for ranged. Familiars such as the Spirit Kyatt or Steel Titan may also be summoned to further speed kills.
Yet another efficient method of killing them is to dual-wield weapons of different attack styles, with a magic weapon in one hand and any other weapon (preferably a melee weapon) in the other. This way, damage of one form or the other is always guaranteed. This works especially well with Momentum.
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 3,320 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Elite black full helm 1 Rare 30,954 Elite black platebody 1 Rare 37,033 Elite black platelegs 1 Rare 42,812 Steel battleaxe 1 Common 140 Black platelegs 1 Common 2,574 Black 2h sword 1 Common 714 Black kiteshield 1 Uncommon 856 Rune mace 1 Uncommon 7,902
Food and PotionsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chilli potato 1 Unknown 995 Potato with butter 1 Unknown 119 Lobster 1–3 Unknown 82–246 Super restore (1) 1 Unknown 772 Super restore (2) 1 Unknown 1,627 Prayer mix (1) 1 Unknown 1,290 Prayer potion (1) 1 Unknown 730
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Gold bar 1–4(noted) Unknown 90–360 Mithril bar 1–2 Unknown 1,879–3,758 Steel bar 1–3 Unknown 1,119–3,357 Death rune 1–3 Unknown 113–339 Chaos rune 1–3 Unknown 41–123 Blood rune 1–4 Unknown 208–832 Coins 406–2,397 Unknown Not sold Clue scroll (hard) 1 Rare Not sold Spirit sapphire 1 Rare Not sold Spirit emerald 1 Rare Not sold Spirit ruby 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster has access to the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250 – 450; 3,000;
9,000; 10,000; 12,000
Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,405 Uncut emerald 1 Common 3,148 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,240 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 6,722 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,784 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 41,520 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 14,664 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,352 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,556 Rune battleaxe 1 Rare 24,054 Rune javelin 5 Rare 880 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,120 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,543 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,312 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,127 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 827,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,359 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 31,832 Shield left half 1 Very rare 64,166 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 60,262 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 12,200 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,257,300 Rune arrow 150–200, 500 Rare 22,350–74,500 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,594,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,908,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 2,097,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 140,908 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 11,536 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 35,050–49,070 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 41,850–58,590 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 665 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 447 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 6,500–195,000 Nature rune 20–80 Rare 6,480–25,920 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,860 Law rune 45 Rare 13,185 Death rune 50, 121 Rare 5,650–13,673 Blood rune 50 Rare 10,400 Raw swordfish 125–250, 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 39,375–315,000 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 411,250–822,500 Big bones 150–500 (noted) Uncommon 86,250–287,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 28,800–1,440,000 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 370,650–1,976,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 10,300 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,055,400 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 3,404,000–23,828,000 Rune bar 1, 50, 150 (noted) Rare 13,124–1,968,600 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 105,567 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 108,925–1,089,250 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 128,490–513,960 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 63,880–638,800 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 99,000 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 8,700 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 67,803–3,390,150 Magic seed 1–7 Rare 155,959–1,091,713 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 996,730 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 1,406 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 16,095–498,945 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,858 Yew logs 50–20,000 (noted) Rare 26,350–10,540,000 Crystal triskelion fragment 1 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 2 1 Very rare Not sold Crystal triskelion fragment 3 1 Very rare Not sold
- Universal drops are dropped by every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These drops are dropped alongside main drops.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Key token 1 Rare Not sold
- When first released, many players doubted the elite black knights would drop elite black armour more than once, however Mod Emilee confirmed that they would on the forums.
- They yell "Curses, Zamorak has abandoned me!" when they run out of prayer.
- Sometimes elite black knights will switch their Prayer just before they die, even though they would receive less than 150 of total damage and hits. This is probably because the attacking player would have inflicted more damage if the knight had more health.
- Players that have not yet started the While Guthix Sleeps quest can still see the elite black knights from the Chaos Temple near Lucien's camp.
- The elite black knight's level was the highest combat level possible for a player to reach (before the Evolution of Combat), although the knights had 1200 life points instead of the player's max of 990.
- Elite black knights drop their armour, unlike regular black knights, who only drop their swords and full helms.
- Although elite black knights are followers of Zamorak, they used to wield what looked distinctly like a Saradomin sword. However, they now wield black 2h swords.
- Their capes look like team-12 capes but have a black base colour instead of yellow.
- The second warning for bots caught by Botwatch featured normal and Elite Black Knights using the graphically updated versions of their respective armour and weapons, even before they were graphically updated.