|Release date||2 June 2004 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Elemental Workshop I|
|High Alch||12 coins|
|Low Alch||8 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||405 coins (info)|
|Examine||A shield made in the Elemental Workshop.|
To make the shield, players must have a Smithing level of 20, an Elemental bar, a hammer or Golden hammer, and either a Battered book or Slashed book in their inventory. Players who have not completed Elemental Workshop III also need a battered key to enter the workshop. Smithing the shield grants the player 20 Smithing experience. To equip the shield, players must have completed the Elemental Workshop quest.
In addition to providing magical defence, the Elemental shield is necessary in order to defeat Skeletal wyverns (unless players own and have equipped a Dragonfire shield, a Mind shield, a Body shield, a Cosmic shield or a Chaos shield).
A player wielding an elemental shield
|[view] • [talk]|
- When players wield the shield, it grows from the size of their fist to the normal size. This makes it one of the few items that have an animation for equipping.
- If looked at closely, when equipping the Elemental Shield is slightly lower on the character than the Mind Shield when equipped.
- The elemental shield is a possible required emote clue item in Treasure Trails.
- It is possible to imitate the old home teleport, by dropping an Elemental shield and then resting while on the Elemental shield.
- If the player equips the shield while sheathed, the visual animation will play on their hand but the shield will be on the character's back.