|Release date||25 February 2009 (Update)|
|Location(s)||See list of possible locations|
|Examine||The most fearsome of evil trees!|
An evil elder tree is a corrupted version of an elder tree and may be encountered playing the Evil Tree D&D. This tree has the highest requirements of any evil tree, with 90 Woodcutting to chop it, 90 Firemaking to set fire to it, and 42 Farming to nurture it (when it is a sapling). It takes the longest to defeat, but it also grants the most experience.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. No items are required for Nurturing.
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping the roots and the tree itself gains Woodcutting experience.
- When a root vanishes, the player gains Evil tree kindling, which can be used on the tree to set fire to a part of it. This awards 2,600 Firemaking experience.
The Ring of fire and Flame gloves give no additional experience, and the Inferno adze will not automatically light any kindling received. You cannot use skill boosts, such as a beaver to cut this tree. You must actually have level 90 in woodcutting.
|Nurturing||Firemaking||Chopping roots||Chopping tree|
- Experience (Farming and Firemaking, or Woodcutting)
- Teak logs (noted)
- Yew logs (noted)
- Magic logs (noted)
- Elder logs (noted)
- Mahogany logs (noted)
- Bird nests
- Tooth half of a key
- Clue Scroll (Easy)
- Fellstalk seeds (11 for full reward)
- Key tokens
- Any tree seed
- After the tree has been killed, the Leprechaun will bank any additional logs cut for up to 30 minutes.
- Crystal triskelion fragment 1, 2 or 3
- Elder evil trees, Yew evil trees and Dead trees appear in the Wilderness-styled levels in Armies of Gielinor as "tree"-scenery.
- The tree appears to have a moustache and beard, as there is a grey area above and below the 'mouth', which also refers to 'elder'.
- Cutting down an elder evil tree is one of the few ways to gain a part of the crystal triskelion.
- Before the release of elder trees this was the only evil tree in the game without a regular tree counterpart. It also required only 85 Woodcutting before this update.