Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Elder Gods, also known as the Creators, are legendary and divine entities responsible for creating the planets and life in the universe. They occupy the highest tier of godhood. There are five of form: Jas, Ful, Wen, Bik, and Mah. Jas is the oldest while Mah is the youngest. According to Zaros, there is also a sixth, which he describes as not being of form, but rather "something else".
Jas is the creator of most Elder Artefacts (except for the Elder Kiln, and possibly others), which she did using the Catalyst, more commonly known as Stone of Jas. They used the Elder Artefacts to better shape their creations in their quest to create a "perfect" world, which was fulfilled with the making of Gielinor, their final creation. Afterward, the Elder Gods seemingly vanished, abandoning their artefacts across Gielinor..
In actuality, they still reside on Gielinor, and rest beneath the locations where the elder chronicles are found, next to their mouthpieces. Jas is under the Kharidian Desert, Ful is under Karamja Volcano, Bik is under Entrana, and Wen is under Ice Mountain and White Wolf Mountain. An empty fifth mouthpiece chamber is found beneath Lumbridge. Azzanadra dismisses the possibility that this chamber is for Mah, and speculates it is for something else which he chooses not to reveal.
|“||Guthix appeared frequently to us back in those days... It seems that he had not created this world, and spoke of 'elder gods' that existed in a time before he could remember; of this he said little.||”|
While the Elder Gods were known to the early human settlers of Gielinor, little knowledge of them has survived to the present day, and outside the Gods, Dragonkin, TokHaar and Mahjarrat, most know nothing - if anything - of them. The Elder Gods are spoken of by TokHaar-Hok; they are the "masters" that created the TokHaar using the Elder Kiln to create and shape the mountains of the world. He states that they are not Gods as the player thinks of them, but far more powerful. The player's Gods are corporeal beings who abused his masters' artefacts to gain power, and in his opinion don't deserve worship. The TokHaar await the return of their masters.
In addition there is also hidden lore about the Elder Gods from the point of view of the TzHaar. This lore is found in a bookcase next to the Fight Cauldron, and can be translated with the aid of TzHaar-Ga'al-Kot.
The Elder Gods are the focus of the Elder Gods quest series which starts with Heart of Stone.
It is unknown if there are beings more powerful than the Elder Gods, seeing as how they were created by themselves or other beings. It was stated that the Elder Gods were immortal however during the Fate of the Gods quest, Zaros tells that there were more than 5 Elder Gods, but because of their inexperience of creating a planet with a sufficient amount of Anima at the time until they became better at creating planets, they were dying when they hatched from their egg forms because there was not enough to replenish them all so only a few were able to survive.
- ^ Mod Rowley. Twitter.*
- ^ Mysterious Statue, "One of a Kind", RuneScape. "My siblings and I were built by the TokHaar, on the orders of the Creators of the Universe - those you insult by calling 'Elder Gods', as if any younger beings were gods."
- ^ Jagex. Above the Lore Episode 10 - Missing Presumed Death Mod Osborne : "There are... five [Elder Gods]. They are all in various states of... stuff." (27:50) Above the Lore podcast, 23 September 2013.
- ^ a b Mod Rowley, Fate of the Gods - FAQ 25 March 2014. Recent Game Updates.
- ^ Zaros, "Fate of the Gods", RuneScape. "She is an elder god. The youngest of five."
- ^ Zaros, "The Light Within", RuneScape. "It was easy enough to find the memories when you look carefully enough. Six of them, five of form and one of ... something else."
- ^ Mod Crow. "Campfire - Answers." 27 June 2013. General Forums.
- ^ Jagex. Motion comic: Origins of Gielinor. 28 February 2013.*
- ^ Azzanadra, RuneScape. "Perhaps it is the chamber of Mah, which makes little sense seeing as she never arrived here. But then again it could be for...no, enough speculation."
|Facets of gods||
|† denotes gods that are deceased; ‡ denotes gods part of the Menaphite Pantheon|
|Related||Quick guide • Transcript|