|Release date||25 February 2009 (Update)|
|Location||See list of possible locations|
|Examine||The most fearsome of evil trees!|
An elder evil tree is a corrupted version of an elder tree and may be encountered playing the Evil Tree D&D. This tree has the highest requirements of any evil tree, with 90 Woodcutting to chop it, 90 Firemaking to set fire to it, and 42 Farming to nurture it (when it is a sapling). Also, the Elder evil tree is the hardest tree to defeat, but it also grants the most experience.
- When the tree is still a sapling, Farming experience can be gained for nurturing it. No items are required for Nurturing.
- When the tree is fully grown, chopping the roots and the tree itself gains Woodcutting experience.
- When a root vanishes, the player gains Evil tree kindling, which can be used on the tree to set fire to a part of it. This awards Firemaking experience.
The Ring of fire and Flame gloves give no additional experience, and the Inferno adze will not automatically light any kindling received. You cannot use boosting items, such as a beaver to cut this tree. You must have a true 90 woodcutting level.
|Nurturing||Firemaking||Chopping roots||Chopping tree|
- Experience (Farming and Firemaking, or Woodcutting)
- Teak logs (noted)
- Yew logs (noted)
- Magic logs (noted)
- Elder logs (noted)
- Mahogany logs (noted)
- Bird nests
- Tooth half of a key
- Clue Scroll (Easy)
- Fellstalk seeds (11 for full reward)
- Key tokens
- Any tree seed
- After the tree has been killed, the Leprechaun will bank any additional logs cut for up to 30 minutes (after you have a full inventory).
- The tree appears to have a moustache, as there is a grey area above the 'mouth', which also refers to 'elder'.
- Cutting down an elder evil tree is one of the few ways to gain a part of the crystal triskelion.
- Before the release of elder trees this was the only evil tree in the game without a regular tree counterpart. It also required only 85 Woodcutting before this update.
Tree • Dying tree • Dead tree • Dead tree covered in snow • Evergreen • Burnt tree • Jungle tree • Achey Tree • Oak tree • Willow tree • Teak tree • Maple tree • Hollow tree • Mahogany tree • Arctic pine • Eucalyptus tree • Yew tree • Magic tree • Cursed magic tree • Bloodwood tree • Elder tree • Crystal tree
Ailanthus tree • Cedar tree • Cinnamon tree • Dramen tree • Dream tree • Mastic tree • Sassafras tree • Swaying tree • White tree • Windswept tree • Evil holly tree • Evil hawthorn tree • Blisterwood Tree
Calquat tree • Dramen Tree Spirit • Fyburglars tree • Giant ent • Golden Apple Tree • Grand Tree • Ivy • Leafy palm tree • Nice tree • Tree spirit • Undead tree • Scrapey tree • Spirit tree • Sq'irk tree • Strong tree • Wintumber tree • Witchwood tree • Young tree