This article is about the permanent eggsterminator obtained as a reward from the 2012 Easter event. For the eggsterminator used during the event, see Eggsterminator (2012 Christmas event).
The eggsterminator is a cosmetic weapon that can be fired at players similar to the Christmas wand, but cannot be used as a weapon in combat. It was a reward from the 2012 Easter event from finding all 5 eggs in three hunts for a total of 15 eggs. However, free players could not obtain the permanent version of the Eggsterminator because in each hunt, at least two eggs were in members only areas. Instead, free players could use another eggsterminator during the event only.
|Release||2 April 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||You can get another from Diango in Draynor Market.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Examine||The Eggsterminator - this modified handcannon can fire scotch eggs or marshmallow. This version will remain after the Easter period.|
According to the Chocatrice and Evil chicken, the eggsterminator is a modified hand cannon. This explains its look of an easter egg covering one end, and a bird at the front. It is also fired, reloaded, and held in the same manner.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- There was a glitch where players could change weapons after shooting. Players will appear to be reloading the weapon they just equipped. This has since been fixed.
- There were a lot of glitches when performing an emote right after shooting someone, while players were reloading the cannon. This has been fixed as well.
- There is currently a glitch where after unequipping the eggsterminator, there is still an option to "Splatter" other players. When chosen, however, the character simply walks up to the other person.
- If the player is wearing either the chocolate egg on face mask or egg on face mask and is shot by the eggsterminator by another player, the masks reveal a secret emote where the player spins around as they are hit. The emote varies depending on whether the target is being shot by a scotch-egg or a marshmallow.
- If a player uses the Eggsterminator on the Chocatrice, he says "What a fine looking ornament of eggy death". The Evil Chicken says "With that you can bring eggy retribution upon our enemies *bwaaak*".
- When the Eggsterminator is equipped, it is automatically sheathed regardless of whether the player's current weapon is sheathed or not.
- The Eggsterminator, in conjunction with Zamorak brews, was used to create a mock Varrock Massacre.
- There is currently a glitch that has been in effect since 2013, the player is unable to switch between "Scorch egg" and "marshmallow" have been replaced with "ranged" and "defence" clicking these has no effect on changing shot type.