|Release date||24 October 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||If you discard the ectoplasmator, you can get a replacement from Diango in Draynor.|
|Store price|| 50 Ectoplasm|
(Brother Righteous or Brother Heinous)
|Examine||Carrying this and fighting spirits will give you Prayer XP.|
An ectoplasmator was a reward from the 2012 Hallowe'en Event. It could be bought for 50 ectoplasm while wearing a full set of hallowed robes (from Brother Righteous) or unhallowed robes (from Brother Heinous), requiring at least 4 rounds where all 5 ghosts are found. It can be stored in Toy box in POH. It was also available as a drop from the ghosts in the 2014 Halloween event, Death's Door. Alternatively, it can be acquired as a rare drop from a number of ghosts during and after the event.
While it remains within a player's inventory or worn in the pocket slot, the ectoplasmator will give Prayer experience after killing most ghosts, similar to the bonecrusher. However, the ectoplasmator does not work with the Dungeoneering prayer necklaces (the twisted bird skull, split dragontooth, and demon horn necklaces) in restoring prayer points. For this effect, you will need to upgrade the ectoplasmator into an attuned ectoplasmator by using 100 ghostly essence on it.
|[view] • [talk]|
|Aberrant spectre||72; 78||1||Very rare|
|Verac the Defiled||150||1||Unknown|
|Karil the Tainted||150||1||Unknown|
|Revenant goblin||24; 28; 32; 40||1||Very rare|
|Revenant demon||120||1||Very rare|
|Spiritual mage||98||1||Very rare|
|Spiritual warrior||98||1||Very rare|
|Ghast||50; 79; 109; 139||1||Very rare|
|Shade||58; 86; 90; 94; 98||1||Very rare|
|Tormented wraith||42||1||Very rare|
|Tortured soul (Queen Black Dragon)||93||1||Very rare|
|Dharok the Wretched||150||1||Very rare|
|Ahrim the Blighted||150||1||Very rare|
- When dropped, it has a chance of being a "ghost ectoplasmator", in which case it cannot be picked up (though it can be Tele-Grabbed). If this happens, it may still be retrieved from Diango.
- The ectoplasmator gives no specific notice when dropped (i.e. no game message or loot beam).
- An effective way of obtaining one is using a dwarf multicannon at aberrant spectres in Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon, due to the high kill rate. Another effective method is using multitarget abilities and/or spells at banshee in the Slayer Tower. Utilising a spiritual combatant slayer task or a Barrows Brothers Soul Reaper task is a slower method but allows use of a slayer helmet's buff and gives extra experience (and often greater profit from other drops).
|Shades of Mort'ton||
- ^ Does not include level 79 ghosts in the Wilderness.
- ^ Extra experience to the 30 experience ghasts already give.