|Release||24 October 2012 (Update)|
|Destroy||If you discard the ectoplasmator, you can get a replacement from Diango in Draynor.|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Carrying this and fighting spirits will give you Prayer XP.|
An ectoplasmator was a reward from the 2012 Hallowe'en Event. It could be bought for 50 ectoplasm while wearing a full set of hallowed robes (from Brother Righteous) or unhallowed robes (from Brother Heinous), requiring at least 4 rounds where all 5 ghosts are found. It can be stored in Toy box in POH. It was also available as a drop from the ghosts in the 2014 Hallowe'en event, Death's Door. Alternatively, it can be acquired as a rare drop from a number of ghosts during and after the event.
Experience gained via the ectoplasmator does not stack with first age equipment.
While it remains within a player's inventory or worn in the pocket slot, the ectoplasmator will give Prayer experience after killing most ghosts, similar to the bonecrusher. However, the ectoplasmator does not work with the Dungeoneering prayer necklaces (the twisted bird skull, split dragontooth, and demon horn necklaces) in restoring prayer points. For this effect, you will need to upgrade the ectoplasmator into an attuned ectoplasmator by using 100 ghostly essence on it.
|[view] • [talk]|
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Aberrant spectre||72; 78||1||Very rare|
|Mighty banshee||91||1||Very rare|
|Spiritual mage||98||1||Very rare|
|Spiritual ranger||98||1||Very rare|
|Spiritual warrior||98||1||Very rare|
|Ghast||50; 79; 109; 139||1||Very rare|
|Loar shade||58||1||Very rare|
|Phrin shade||60||1||Very rare|
|Riyl shade||60; 63||1||Very rare|
|Asyn shade||65; 70||1||Very rare|
|Fiyr shade||98; 120||1||Very rare|
|Tormented wraith||42||1||Very rare|
|Tortured soul (Queen Black Dragon)||93||1||Very rare|
|Ghost||25; 28; 42; 46; 47; 48||1||Very rare|
|Revenant vampyre||47||1||Very rare|
|Revenant goblin||24; 28; 32; 40||1||Very rare|
|Revenant imp||14||1||Very rare|
|Revenant cyclops||60||1||Very rare|
|Revenant demon||84||1||Very rare|
|Revenant hellhound||70||1||Very rare|
|Revenant hobgoblin||44||1||Very rare|
|Revenant icefiend||37||1||Very rare|
|Revenant pyrefiend||40||1||Very rare|
|Revenant werewolf||53||1||Very rare|
|Revenant dragon||126||1||Very rare|
|Revenant knight||119||1||Very rare|
|Revenant dark beast||112||1||Very rare|
|Revenant ork||98||1||Very rare|
|Ahrim the Blighted||150||1||Very rare|
|Akrisae the Doomed||150||1||Very rare|
|Dharok the Wretched||150||1||Very rare|
|Guthan the Infested||150||1||Very rare|
|Karil the Tainted||150||1||Very rare|
|Torag the Corrupted||150||1||Very rare|
|Verac the Defiled||150||1||Very rare|
- An effective way of obtaining one is using a dwarf multicannon at aberrant spectres in Pollnivneach Slayer Dungeon, due to the high kill rate. Another effective method is using multi-target abilities and/or spells at banshee in the Slayer Tower. Utilising a spiritual combatant slayer task is a slower method but allows use of a slayer helmet's buff and gives slayer experience (and often greater profit from other drops).
|Shades of Mort'ton||
|Tortured soul (Port Phasmatys)||
- ^ Does not include level 79 ghosts in the Wilderness.
- ^ Extra experience to the 30 experience ghasts already give.
- Its previous examine text was "An advanced piece of ghost-busting equipment.", which made a reference to the Ghostbusters franchise.
- The ectoplasmator was made equipable in the pocket slot on 4 August 2014.