|Release date||10 April 2006 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Destroy||You can get another one from Diango in Draynor Village.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A ring given to you by the Easter Bunny.|
The Easter ring (labeled as Ring of Egg in the Costume room of a player-owned house) was a reward for the 2006 Easter holiday event. From 10 April to 24 April bunnies buried Easter eggs (different from the 2002 and 2005 eggs) in the forest south of Varrock and near Falador. Players needed to find the mounds and dig up the eggs. When they found the blue magic egg with a bunny print on it and ate it, they would temporarily turn into a bunny. This gave the players the Rabbit hop emote. If they ate the egg over a hole, they would be able to enter the rabbits' warren, in the centre of which was a chute and a large pile of eggs. Players had to go up the chute and talk to the Easter bunny. After the player had given 10 eggs to the nearby children, the bunny would give them an Easter ring. When worn, this ring turns the wearer into a motley Easter egg. Similar to the Ring of Stone and Bone Brooch, the only actions a player may perform while being an egg are "Unmorphing" and talking. Poison damage and prayer drain are halted while morphed. If a player loses the ring, a new one may be obtained from Diango in Draynor Village for free.
A player does not actually "wield" the ring when in morphed form. This has been confirmed via the Ring of Kingship. It cannot be taken into castle wars, which states that players cannot bring non-equipable items into the arena, even though a player can "equip" it. The Easter Ring cannot be used during the middle of an emote - the text shown will be "You're a little busy showing off right now!" and the emote will continue. Known exceptions include the two emotes performed with the Zombie head; they can be interrupted.
- When a player attempted to wear the ring during the event, while in the event area, (roughly from the Crafting Guild to Falador south gate) a message occurred, saying that one can't morph into an egg, due to the saturation of Easter magic.
- When a player drops an Easter ring, gets another one from Diango, and tries to pick up the original, the player will receive the message: You don't need another Easter ring...You already have one! However, this was added after some players were able to deposit more than one Easter ring in the bank.
- Up until about October 18 2010, when a player unmorphed from being an egg, their Friend List would open every time. Now, it opens up the player's inventory.
- Some players use the Easter ring to their advantage when selling or buying items, as the "egg" grabs the attention of many players who are not familiar with it.
- The creation of the Bone brooch on October 18 2010 gave Jagex the idea of updating the unmorphing action for the Easter ring as well. Unmorphing from the Bone brooch and the Easter ring is identical. Now, a player leans back and then forward when unmorphing instead of instantly turning back into a human.
- The Easter Ring is now one of the many Discontinued rare items.
- As of 18 March 2013, using the Easter ring will always result in a blue egg. This is just one of several anti-gambling measures implemented on that date.
- With the release of the Easter ring came a glitch. Players could perform certain emotes while being an egg. One example was the Air Guitar emote. Players would morph into an egg, but quickly press the Air Guitar emote. Their egg would appear to have music notes coming from it. This glitch was also used with various skillcape emotes. (Main article: Egg emotes) This has since been fixed.
- A glitch had also allowed a player to walk while in egg form.
- After the release of the Easter ring, players would morph into the egg as they were running, which would cause their egg to roll to their desired destination. This was partially fixed; eggs do occasionally roll.
- The Halo walk glitch allowed players to walk around with a circle beneath their feet. Players would have to use the Home Teleport spell, then as they would finish drawing the circle, click on the Easter ring, quickly unmorph back into a human (or click somewhere as if you were going to walk there), and then walk around.
- When a player would morph over a fire, only fragments of the egg were visible. If players turned their camera just right, they would appear completely invisible. This glitch has since been fixed.
- For a while after the Easter Ring was first released, players would not lose prayer points while being an egg, even while praying. This allowed the decorative icons for Protect from Magic, Missiles and Melee to appear permanently above the praying player while in egg form. The idea spread quickly and it was common to see groups of players all displaying their prayers consuming large amounts of the screen. This glitch has since been fixed.
- A player cannot be attacked by monkeys in the Monkey Madness quest if they are formed as an egg. This works like a Monkey greegree, except that the player cannot move.
- Some players have reported not being able to recover a lost Easter ring from Diango. This is believed to be linked to not having fully completed the event.
- There was another glitch back when it was released where if you spam clicked on a book after you clicked somewhere, your egg would slide through buildings or anything that was between you and where you clicked. It has been fixed.
Easter ring • Bunny-hop
Easter egg • Bunny ears • Rubber chicken • Easter ring • Chicken set • Chocatrice cape • Easter carrot • Squirrel ears • Sunbeam crown • Icicle crown • Egg on face mask • Chocolate egg on face mask • Eggsterminator
Pumpkin • Halloween masks • Scythe • Zombie head • Jack lantern mask • Skeleton set • Grim reaper hood • Warlock / Witch costume • Web cloak • Eek • Bone brooch • Deathcon lanyard • Deathcon t-shirt • Hourglass • Sock mask • Buskin mask • Hallowed robes • Unhallowed robes • Ectoplasmator
Christmas cracker • Partyhats • Santa hat • Yo-yo • Hats and scarves • Marionettes • Wintumber tree • Reindeer hat • Snow globe • Santa costume • Ice amulet • Ghost costume • Candy cane • Salty claws hat • Heimland games souvenir • Christmas wand • Sparkles • Santa beard
|Cryptic Clue Fest|
Beacon • Charos(activated) • Easter • Explorer's(1) (2) (3) (4) • Fire • Ferocious • Jennica's • Lunar • 'Perfect' • Slaying • Visibility • Kinship • Vigour • Devotion • Ring of seeking (hide) (seek) (both) • TokKul-Zo • Sixth-Age circuit