FANDOM


Hatchet head (dragon)
Easter Egg Shy was removed after an update.
The contents of this page no longer exist in RuneScape, and this article is kept for historical purposes.
Easter Egg Shy
Easter egg shy
Release date 24 April 2017 (Update)
Removal 5 June 2017 (Update)
Members No
Quest No
Location Lumbridge Crater
Examine Try to knock them off! Gives Ranged XP. (1 token)
[view][talk]

The Easter Egg Shy was an attraction of the Spring Fayre located in the south-eastern part of the crater. Playing it during the event allowed players to gain Ranged experience for the cost of a fayre attraction token.

It provided Ranged experience relative to the type of projectile thrown and the player's Ranged level. The item thrown had the following effects:

Item Experience Hit chance
Ball Average Average
Cabbage High Low
Chinchompa Low High

If the "play" option was selected on the stall, an interface opened where the item selection could be made. The stall could also be right-clicked to quickly start throwing any of the items. After the item is selected, the player attempted to knock off the eggs for a maximum of 10 times per interaction.

An attempt may have resulted in one of the three outcomes:

  • It bounced off the Easter egg. So close.
  • You missed the Easter egg, maybe next time.
  • Experience being gained, token being consumed and possibility for fayre prize tickets (six normally, or one during a Happy Hour).

At level 99 Ranged, throwing a ball successfully yielded 217.8 Ranged experience (263.4 during a Happy Hour). Cabbage yielded 5/3 times that (363 Ranged experience, or 399.3 during a Happy Hour), and chinchompa 5/7 times that (155.5 Ranged experience, or 171 during a Happy Hour).

A throw took 3 seconds. Successful throws costed a fayre attraction token and had about a 25% chance to have yielded six fayre prize tickets (one during a Happy Hour). Around 50% of the attempts were successful with balls, 25% with cabbages and 75% with chinchompas.

During a Happy Hour around 1,200 throws could be made for 150, 75, or 225 tickets with balls, cabbages, or chinchompas, respectively; with about 158,000, 119,700, or 153,900 experience, respectively.

There was a confirmation prompt about gaining experience before starting playing that could be toggled off permanently.

Attempting to play at the stall without enough fayre attraction tokens prompted the messages:

  • You do not have enough fayre tokens to play the egg shy. You need 1 token.
  • You can get more fayre tokens and tickets from the stall by the Bucking Baroo.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.