Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Release date||10 April 2006 (Update)|
|Also known as||Easter egg bird|
|Location||Easter Bunny's Burrow|
|Examine|| • This bird looks overworked and underpaid! |
• The bird looks asleep.
• The bird looks drowsy.
• The bird looks awake and alert.
The Easter Bird originally appeared in the 2006 Easter event, known as the Easter egg bird, but only played a minor role, accidentally laying Magic eggs, which were carried out of the warren by hypnotized bunnies, which the player then retrieved, allowing them access to the warren.
The Easter Bird makes its second appearance three years later during the 2009 Easter event, where it is part of the Easter Bunny's "to do" list. Players are required to feed it, and water it so that it will begin laying chocolate eggs again. Players must obtain food from the sacks and water from the wall inside the Easter Bunny's workshop. After persuading the Easter Bunny Jr that the Easter Bird is a great source of profit for the Egg Plant, he becomes more excited about taking over the business.
The Easter bird appears for the third time during the 2010 Easter event, where it is once more part of the Easter Bunny Jr's factory, laying chocolate eggs for the Easter Bunny. During this event, the Easter Bird becomes depressed and feels unappreciated. It is up to the player to lift the Easter Bird's spirits and convince him that he is a vital part of the team, without him, the factory could not function, and that everyone on Gielinor is appreciative of his efforts.
- It is possible the Easter bird was inspired by the old Cadbury's Mini Eggs mascot, which used to be a bird of some sort featured on the front of packs of Mini Eggs.
- In the 2009 Easter Event, when talking to the bird, the player says "The bird looks very hungry - almost as if it could eat a unicorn". This is a pun on the saying "I am so hungry I could eat a horse".
- It uses pirate phrases such as "Shiver me Squirrels" a pun on the phrase "Shiver me Timbers" and, "Aye Aye, Captain." after the player asks if it will lay the eggs.
- It also uses the phrase "Yeak! Polly wants a cracker!", a well known phrase, often associated with parrots. No one knows exactly where this phrase originated, but it is thought to be older than English Oxford Dictionary.
- In the 2010 event, the Easter Bird is referred to as "he" in the dialogue with the Easter Bunny. This would seem to indicate that the bird is male, which is unusual, considering that it also lays eggs. The Evil Chicken is another male bird in RuneScape that lays eggs.
- The bird can still be seen with the orb of oculus by going all the way north-west from the basement of Barbarian Assault.