|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||3 coins|
|Low alch||2 coins|
|Store price|| 17 coins|
|Exchange price||14 coins (info)|
|Examine||One of the four basic elemental runes. Used in Magic (9).|
The earth rune is one of the four basic elemental runes. Earth runes can be used for spells such as the Earth spells in the standard spellbook, and Shadow spells in the Ancient Magicks spellbook. Earth runes can be substituted by a staff of earth, earth battlestaff, lava battlestaff, mud battlestaff, dust rune, mud rune, or lava rune.
These may be crafted at level 9 using an Earth talisman at the Earth Altar north-east of Varrock, conveniently close to its east bank or even from the Rune Essence mine at Aubury's rune shop, south of said bank. Crafting earth runes yields 6.5 experience per essence, or a total of 182 experience per inventory. An explorer's ring may be used to craft extra runes, with an additional 6.5 experience granted per rune. They are also sold at Aubury's Rune Shop in Varrock and Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim, as well as many other places in the members areas.
They are also a common drop from many monsters, with larger numbers from the dark wizards at the stone circle south of Varrock. Mountain trolls drop these runes frequently as well, and in high quantities, often yielding 45 runes at a time.
They can sometimes be found inside barrels.
Players can obtain earth runecrafting gloves from the Fist of Guthix minigame for 75 tokens. When these gloves are worn, the player gains more experience as they craft earth runes, and so they can become a handy addition to the training process.
All players can cast these spells.
Only members can cast these spells:
Players may purchase earth runes for 17 coins from:
- Apprentice Clara in north-east Burthorpe (300)
- Aubury's Rune Shop in south-east Varrock (300)
- Baba Yaga's Magic Shop on Lunar Isle (1000)
- Betty's Magic Emporium in Port Sarim (300)
- Lundail's Arena-side Rune Shop in the Mage Arena (1000)
- Mage of Zamorak northeast of Edgeville around level 5 Wilderness (100 before miniquest, 1000 after)
- Tutab's Magical Market on Ape Atoll (1000)
- Void Knight Magic Store (1000)
- Wizards' Guild in Yanille (1000)
|Mutated bloodveld||130; 136||50||Common|
|Dark wizard||44||10; 18; 36||Common|
|Earth Warrior||112||12; 60||Common|
|Mountain troll||106; 108||25; 45; 60||Common|
|Infernal mage||104||5; 10; 18; 36||Common|
|Brine rat||70||10; 18; 36||Common|
|Man||2; 4; 6||4||Uncommon|
- The most earth runes required for a spell are 30, for the Charge Earth Orb spell.
- One earth rune is equivalent to 6 Investment Credits in Mobilising Armies.