|Release date||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High Alch||60,000 coins|
|Low Alch||40,000 coins|
|Store price|| 200,000 Dungeoneering tokens|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
An eagle-eye kiteshield is a round shield released with the Dungeoneering skill on 12 April 2010. The shield requires a Defence level of 80 and a Dungeoneering level of 80 to wield. At least two million Dungeoneering xp is required to attain the 200,000 tokens needed to purchase the item.
After approximately 10 hours of combat, the Eagle-eye kiteshield will degrade completely and must be recharged before it may be used again; it has a 20% charge on purchase. Once these charges have been used up, the Eagle-eye kiteshield can be recharged for a fee by the rewards trader. To do so, right-click on him and select "Recharge" with the depleted shield in your inventory. There are two methods of recharging: cash, or a combination of cash and dungeoneering tokens. A cash repair will cost up to 2 million coins.
This shield is effective in the Armadyl boss chamber as it gives great protection against magic and decent protection against range attacks.
Warning: As with all chaotic items, players will not receive a warning message when attempting to drop their eagle-eye kiteshield.
A player wielding an eagle-eye kiteshield
|[view] • [talk]|
Repair costs Edit
When first bought, the shield is 20% charged. Repair costs come in 1% increments; you can repair them whenever there's at least 1% charge missing.
- 99% charged – 20,000 coins or 2,000 coins and 200 tokens.
- 90% charged – 200,000 coins or 20,000 coins and 2,000 tokens.
- 20% charged – 1,600,000 coins or 160,000 coins and 16,000 tokens.
- 0% charged (No charge) – 2,000,000 coins or 200,000 coins and 20,000 tokens.
- It should be noted that the 10 hours of combat that all chaotic items last for, are measured in 1 game tick (600 ticks per 1%) per attack made AND received. It is thus possible to have your Chaotic items degrade at faster rates if you are under attack from multiple enemies, or get attacked by enemies with fast attack rates like Scarab swarms.
- The Eagle-Eye Kiteshield used to cost 400,000 Dungeoneering Tokens before the 21 April 2010 update.
- Eagle-Eye Kiteshields, along with all other chaotic weapons/shields, will stack in the bank as long as they are on the same charge. For example, two Eagle-Eye kiteshields with 35% charge and 67% charge will not stack, but two Eagle-Eye kiteshields with 67% will.
- The Eagle-Eye Kiteshield looks remarkably similar to the buckler that the Smuggler in Daemonheim carries.
- Although it is called an 'Eagle-Eye Kiteshield', it is more of a round shield than a kite.