|Release date||9 September 2009 (Update)|
|XP per kill||500 (and 165 experience)|
|Examine text||A magical cross between an ogre and a dwarf.|
Chaos dwogres are a cross between Chaos dwarves and Ogres. They were created by the rogue Red Axe mining company or their allies. Like chaos dwarves, these creatures are brainwashed minions who are ultimately loyal to Zamorak.
They can only be fought after completing Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf, in the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield. Players who kill these have a chance of obtaining the dragon pickaxe, which can only otherwise be gained by killing chaos dwarf hand cannoneers or chaos dwarves on Chaos Dwarf Battlefield, or by buying it from other players.
Players who only target dwogres (and just one at a time) are somewhat treated as if in single combat: Only the dwogre being attacked will attack back, and no other creatures will attack the player, not even other dwogres. If another kind of creature is attacked, then all creatures on its side become aggressive (see the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield article for further details). Combat familiars will always attack the dwogre and also do not trigger multi-combat from other creatures.
Chaos dwogres have a very accurate magic attack that looks like somewhat like dragonfire, although dragonfire protection (anti-dragon shield, dragonfire shield, or antifire potion) is neither needed nor effective against it. Dragonhide armour, with its high magical defence, is recommended, but the prayer Protect from Magic negates the attack. If the player will attack creatures other than the chaos dwogres, Protect from Missiles should be on at all times.
A chaos dwogre attacking a player only uses its melee attack when next to the player and only its magic attack when at a distance. This allows players to set up and use the proper protection prayer (Protect from Melee or Protect from Magic) based on the circumstances and thus never take damage when following a dwogre-only strategy.
Chaos dwogres focus on attacking members of the Black Guard within their magic attack, even if under attack from a player. A prayer-saving strategy is to wait for dwogres to wander as far east near the battlefield as their range allows (roughly two clicks past the line of rocks) and engage the dwogre in combat as it is fighting a Black Guard member. Prayer is not needed while the attacked Black Guard dwarf is alive. If the player can determine the exact dwarf being attacked (by seeing the attack's flames on the target), the proper protection prayer can be switched on as the dwarf dies, thus minimising Prayer drain while protecting the player if the dwogre retaliates. Caution is advised with this tactic, as dwarves can sometimes die very quickly on the multi-combat battlefield. Some players advocate standing behind a dwogre in these cases, as the field of view makes it easier to see which dwarf it is attacking.
The melee attack animation of a chaos dwogre is somewhat slow, but a very accurate attack. However, it is ineffective to switch Protect from Melee on once the attack begins, even if the prayer symbol is visible when the attack actually connects with the player. The player will still be hit in this case. The prayer must be on before the dwogre starts the attack, thus making prayer flashing a very difficult, albeit not impossible task.
Those with high Attack, Strength and Defence may find that Guthan's set is sufficient to heal them when fighting dwogres. This would also save inventory spots if they player does not need prayer potions. If using Guthan's, it may still be worthwhile to bring a small amount of food in case the dwogre deals damage too fast. Players should also consider the cost of prayer potions compared to the cost of repairing Guthan's set, and determine which method will work best for them.
- Start at the Grand Exchange, go north-west until you see a hidden trapdoor. Click on it and you will receive a message asking if you would like to travel to Keldagrim. Travel to Keldagrim and run north until you see a bridge. Cross it and go south past the Kelda hops patch in front of the Consortium's western entrance until you get to the Stonemason's hut, then go east until you reach a small tower-like building. Open the door, go through, and follow the southern path and cross the bridge. Once over the bridge, run west until you see a tunnel (completion of Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf is needed). Enter the tunnel and you will arrive at the battlefield with level 48-117 enemies, but BEWARE of the chaos dwarf hand cannoneers in the area that are capable of hitting up to 380. This can be prevented by using Protect from Missiles, but even if you use the prayer you can still die very easily as the prayer will quickly go away even at a good level such as 60. However, the Chaos Dwarves will only become aggressive if you initiate combat against one of them, excluding the non-aggressive dwogres.
- Using the Grand Exchange method listed above, one can also take a shortcut by utilising the palace that gaps the river. Simply enter the palace, go up the stairs, run over the river, go down the stairs, then leave the palace. This shortens the walk/run by about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Using the Grand Exchange method there is actually a shorter way than the above method. When arriving from the Grand Exchange by cart, run to the north just past the consortium until you see a boat and a man standing next to it aptly called "Boatman" click on him and allow him to take you to the mines. Once you arrive where he takes you right click a nearby dwarf named "Ferryman" and choose the cross river option. This will put you right by the entrance to the Chaos Battlefield.
- A quicker method to the battlefield is to teleport to Rellekka with an enchanted lyre or using teleport to home if your house is in Rellekka, then running northeast to the entrance to Keldagrim. Upon entering use the Dwarven Boatman and then right-clicking the Dwarven Ferryman and selecting "Cross-river." From there you can run west to the tunnel. This allows you to get back to your grave before 5 minutes have passed.
- You may also use an ectophial and run south west to a fairy ring enter the code DKS and enter Keldagrim after which you use the Dwarven Boatman and then right-clicking the Dwarven Ferryman and selecting "Cross-river." From there you can run west to the tunnel.
- Another method similar to the above involves using an Ardougne cloak to teleport to the Kandarin Monastery to recharge your prayer, and either using a slayer ring to teleport to the Rellekka Slayer cave, or running to the fairy ring by the Tower of Life.
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Bones 1 Always 91
- Represents 90% confidence range, based on a sample of 17,830 kills.
1 charm is dropped at a time.
- Please add to the log (only if 50 or more creatures killed).
Weapons and armourEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Mithril longsword 1 Uncommon 554 Mithril sq shield 1 Uncommon 704 Dragon pickaxe 1 Very rare 9,316,628
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Chaos rune 20 Common 820 Nature rune 18 Common 2,088 Water rune 10 Common 110 Law rune 6 Uncommon 1,140 Death rune 6 Uncommon 1,002 Cosmic rune 6 Uncommon 846 Air rune 24 Uncommon 312 Mind rune 37 Uncommon 148
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Strawberry seed 1 Common 434 Limpwurt seed 1 Common 591 Belladonna seed 1 Common 34 Cactus seed 1 Common 39 Watermelon seed 1 Common 1,953 Toadflax seed 1 Common 859 Wildblood seed 1 Common 76 Jangerberry seed 1 Common 3 Marrentill seed 1 Common 10 Tarromin seed 1 Common 4 Harralander seed 1 Common 8 Poison ivy seed 1 Uncommon 51 Lantadyme seed 1 Uncommon 24,803 Irit seed 1 Uncommon 52 Dwarf weed seed 1 Uncommon 40,532 Whiteberry seed 1 Uncommon 32 Bittercap mushroom spore 1 Rare 13 Ranarr seed 1 Rare 871 Spirit weed seed 1 Rare 314 Cadantine seed 1 Rare 1,113 Kwuarm seed 1 Rare 121 Avantoe seed 1 Rare 2,191
Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 25–1,100 Common Not sold Muddy key 1 Common 2,267 Mithril bar 1 Common 1,444 Spin ticket 1 Rare Not sold Court summons 1 Rare Not sold Starved ancient effigy 1 Rare Not sold
Rare drop table dropsEdit
- This monster drops items from the rare drop table.
The ring of wealth improves the chances if equipped but is not required to access the table.
Show/hide rare drop table Item Quantity Rarity GE Market Price Coins 250; 381; 450; 3,000; 9,000; 12,000 Common Not sold Uncut sapphire 1 Common 1,107 Uncut emerald 1 Common 1,903 Uncut ruby 1 Common 3,112 Uncut diamond 1 Uncommon 7,034 Loop half of a key 1 Uncommon 11,742 Tooth half of a key 1 Uncommon 19,052 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 12,885 Dragonstone 1 Rare 10,585 Dragon dagger 1 Uncommon 16,976 Rune javelin 5 Rare 1,215 Adamant javelin 20 Very rare 1,320 Rune 2h sword 1 Very rare 37,933 Rune spear 1 Very rare 11,988 Dragon spear 1 Very rare 36,917 Dragon dagger 50 (noted) Very rare 848,800 Rune sq shield 1 Very rare 22,727 Rune kiteshield 1 Very rare 32,404 Shield left half 1 Very rare 65,284 Dragon helm 1 Very rare 59,501 Adamant bolts 200 Uncommon 19,800 Onyx bolts 150 Rare 1,297,050 Rune arrow 150–200; 500 Rare 29,850–199 Battlestaff 200 (noted) Rare 1,680,000 Air orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,587,000 Fire orb 1,000 (noted) Rare 1,723,000 Vecna skull 1 Very rare 91,765 Water talisman 1 Uncommon 5,311 Earth talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 19,025–26,635 Fire talisman 25–35 (noted) Uncommon 47,950–67,130 Chaos talisman 1 Uncommon 177 Nature talisman 1 Uncommon 193 Pure essence 500–15,000 (noted) Uncommon 34,000–1,020,000 Nature rune 47–77 Rare 5,452–8,932 Soul rune 20 Rare 2,480 Law rune 45 Rare 8,550 Death rune 50; 121 Rare 167 Blood rune 50 Rare 13,900 Raw swordfish 125 – 250; 1,000 (noted) Uncommon 36,000–288 Raw shark 250–500 (noted) Uncommon 256,500–513,000 Big bones 150 – 500 (noted) Uncommon 67,350–224,500 Coal 150–7,500 (noted) Uncommon 38,250–1,912,500 Adamantite ore 150–800 (noted) Uncommon 214,650–1,144,800 Silver ore 100 (noted) Rare 11,100 Runite ore 100 (noted) Rare 1,056,600 Adamant bar 1,000–7,000 (noted) Rare 2,876,000–20,132,000 Rune bar 1,50,150 (noted) Rare 13,069–1,960,350 Clean ranarr 33 (noted) Uncommon 75,900 Clean toadflax 25–250 (noted) Uncommon 88,175–881,750 Clean snapdragon 30–120 (noted) Uncommon 106,230–424,920 Clean torstol 10–100 (noted) Uncommon 94,140–941,400 Saradomin brew (4) 250 (noted) Very rare 64,750 Watermelon seed 3 Uncommon 5,859 Yew seed 1–50 Rare 60,155–3,007,750 Magic seed 1–6 Rare 164,810–988,860 Palm tree seed 10 Rare 1,058,660 Snapdragon seed 1 Rare 2,127 Torstol seed 1–31 Rare 50,268–1,558,308 Fellstalk seed 2 Rare 1,000 Yew logs 100–20,000 (noted) Rare 53,600–10,720,000
- All other kind of ogres drop at least big bones, however, dwogres drop normal bones. This is probably because they are shorter than regular ogres.
- When the dwogre uses its magic attack, it looks like the dragon pickaxe's former special attack.
- Despite being half chaos dwarf, they are not as aggressive as chaos dwarves.