|Release date||15 March 2006 (Update)|
|Quest item?||Freeing the Mountain dwarf|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine|| Hot: Red hot and glowing, ouch! Only for dwarf consumption. |
Cooled: Cool and heavy as a brick. Only for dwarf consumption.
|Weight|| Hot: 0.4kg |
Cooled: 0 kg
Multiple cakes can be acquired after the quest by paying Rohak 100 coins for each one. The ingredients are not required again, though the cake WILL need to be cooled down again after completion of the quest.
Because of the small life point depletion, the rock cake can be seen occasionally used by people using the Dharok's armour effect. Some players use this as a method of keeping their lifepoints minimal while training at monkey guards or armoured zombies.
- Even though it says it is as heavy as a brick when it's cooled, it weighs nothing.
- If it is eaten when it is still hot the player burns their mouth and loses ten life points, if it is eaten after it has been cooled down the player says 'Ow! I nearly broke a tooth!' and loses ten life points.
- If a player tries to pick a hot rock cake off the floor without gloves, it will play an animation and say "Ow! Ow! That's hot!" and the player will lose 10 life points.
- If a player makes two rock cakes during the quest and places a hot rock cake in their bank after saving the dwarf, the cake will automatically cool.
- Rock cakes used to be able to rapidly lower a player's life points or even possibly kill themselves, but this was changed due to an update.
- If you do not have Ice gloves, you can cool down the rock cake by going to Ice Mountain and killing an Icefiend or by waiting approximately 4 hours.
- When you attempt to eat a rock cake with less than 30 life points, you will not take damage.