|Release date||5 July 2011 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can get a new axe from Major Rancour in the camp southwest of Burthorpe Castle.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A highly useful modular tool.|
The Dwarven army axe is a tool that serves as a steel hatchet, steel pickaxe, needle, tinderbox, chisel, knife, and low-level slash one-handed weapon, in one item. It has no requirements to wield. Its damage stats are a bit higher than the Iron longsword, but its hit bonus is lower with the speed and damage type the same.
Although non-members can possess the Dwarven Army Axe, only members can benefit from it. It is given to all players during the tutorial after saving the people in the mine during the Troll Warzone tutorial sub-quest 'Machinery Of War' from Linza, one of the miners. You can receive another one from Major Rancour who is in Burthorpe should you lose it.
When cutting a normal tree, you have a chance of receiving a wooden knot. This can be crafted into an unfinished brooch. When mining copper or tin ore, you can receive an uncut lapis lazuli gem. This can be crafted into a cut lapis lazuli gem. The two can be combined into a Lapis lazuli brooch.
After giving Isold a pair of leather gloves and a bronze helm, the dwarven army axe would give bonus experience when working with leather or soft clay. When working with soft clay, the Dwarven Army Axe gives 3 bonus experience per object crafted.
After completing each stage of Troll Warzone, the player will receive augments to the Dwarven Army Axe that boost the experience some skills during some conditions, see the table below for more info.
A player wielding a dwarven army axe in its hatchet form
|[view] • [talk]|
After going through areas of the Troll Warzone, the citizens will give you pieces that improve experience in certain skills if you have it in your inventory or equipped. This bonus experience will be given all throughout RuneScape, as long as the axe is inside the inventory or equipped.
|Icon||Skill||Resource types||Awarded bonus experience|
|Mining||Copper & Tin||+3 additional experience added to regular experience received|
|Crafting||Soft leather items & Soft clay|
|Hunter||Polar kebbits & Crimson swifts|
|Woodcutting||Normal logs & Oak logs|
|Firemaking||Normal & Oak logs|
|Fletching||Arrow shafts, Headless arrows, and adding Bronze & Iron arrowheads|
- Before the Evolution of Combat, this weapon used to have a special attack.
- Though this item is designed for lower level players, all players may find this item useful for new quests, similar to the quest kit, or rogue kit as it only takes up one inventory space and functions as multiple items.
- This weapon is a reference to the Swiss army knife, a multifunctional pocket knife.
- This weapon is one of few that does not have a defensive stance.
- This tool may seem obsolete since the introduction of the Tool belt, but it's still useful since the Dwarven army axe functions as steel hatchet/pickaxe while the belt can only store bronze. After Troll Warzone the Dwarven army axe also gives bonus xp in low level skilling after receiving the corresponding attachments.
- As of 6/17 the tool belt can hold tools up to dragon. As such, this item has become completely obsolete for anyone who can use Mithril or better equips.
- With the cooking attachment, it is possible to gain 4xp per seaweed cooked (an activity that normally gives 1 xp).
- While using this tool for Woodcutting, the player does a different chopping animation than with a normal hatchet. (hitting the tree from different angles)
- If overridden by using Solomon's Store's Scorching Axe, it does the normal chop instead of its unique animation of hitting the tree from various angles.
Vanity items and membership thanks gifts
|Membership thanks gifts||