|Release date||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|XP per kill||24 (and 7.9 experience)|
|Always drops||Bones (on land)|
|Examine text|| Male - Quackers.|
Female - She quackers.
Land - Waddle waddle waddle quack.
Ducks are small animals which can be found in Rivers or lakes. They are very small and drop bones when found on ground. They are a fairly good way to start training the Magic skill with low-Level Curse spells and even strike spells.
The best place to kill ducks in a Members world is the Fisher Realm, because there are plenty of them in a Pond and there are never any other players there. The best place to kill ducks for Free-to-play is the River Lum east of Lumbridge, because there are several ducks and few players take advantage of the training. You also can kill ducks and Drakes north north-west of Lumbridge castle close to the chicken coop.
Aside from using halberds, players can usually only range or mage them. Ranging ducks will cause you to lose your ammunition unless you use a chargebow. Because of this, using Ranged to kill ducks is a method that is rarely used by most players.
If the duck is next to the shore, the player can hit it with a melee weapon, but this occurrence is rare, with the exception of the Fishing Guild docks, where there are over 20 of them, and the small pond in Falador Park. There are also some ducks on the shore beside the Lumbridge Chicken Coop.
- ^ On land only
- ^ On land only
- When the Canoe update was released, a glitch allowed players to walk onto the water, making killing ducks much easier.
- In the River Lum, if ducklings are following the duck you killed, they will say "Eep!" and swim away, most likely that it was their mother. However, soon after, the ducklings will find another "mother" and start following that duck, and if you kill that duck they will say "Eep!" again and find another duck to follow.
- Once the Christmas 2009 event started, the ducks started saying Quack instead of quack.
- At the area close to the chicken coop north-west of Lumbridge Castle, when ducklings are following a duck and you kill the duck, the ducklings will say "Cheep cheep!" and then "Eep!"
- If a duck is examined using the monster examine spell from the Lunar Spellbook, the stat screen will say that the duck is a slayer monster.
- When a duck dies, it will turn upside down, try to waddle, sink and fade away.
- Killing a duck in Falador Park is one of the Falador easy tasks.
- The ducks appear to be of the mallard species.
- Ducks once appeared on the minimap as yellow dots, but no longer do.