|Release date||2 October 2013 (Update)|
|Examine|| Former wanderer of RuneScape, now come home to rule his people as their rightful drunken king.|
|Notable features||The rightful heir to the crown of Keldagrim|
The Drunken Dwarf is an intoxicated dwarf who wanders Gielinor giving Kebabs and beer to adventurers who talk to him, and then proceeds to teleport away to other places. He is a former RuneScape Random Event, and has a number of quest and miniquest appearances.
Depending on the player's choices in Birthright of the Dwarves, they can help the true heir to the throne, and the Drunken Dwarf becomes the King of Keldagrim, being crowned King Drunken Dwarf III. He can then be found at the top of Keldagrim Palace.
Forgettable Tale of a Drunken DwarfEdit
The Drunken Dwarf is seen in the final cutscene of the Forgettable Tale of a Drunken Dwarf quest. After the quest, if you see the dwarf and talk to him, he will speak of your "kebab stories" from the end of the quest and give you your beer and kebab as normal.
My Arm's Big AdventureEdit
During the My Arm's Big Adventure quest, the Drunken Dwarf will wander too close to the goutweed that My Arm is attempting to grow and will be thrown off a mountain. A nameless newborn troll then attempts to eat his leg, earning the name Drunken Dwarf's Leg.
Birthright of the DwarvesEdit
When Hreidmar, the rightful heir to the Keldagrim throne, is killed by an adventurer in the assault on the Red Axe stronghold, Veldaban is corrupted by his spell, and begins to turn into a Chaos dwarf. If the adventurer kills Veldaban or removes him from power, they can then tell the Consortium to yield their power the true heir to the dwarven throne; Meike discovers that the Drunken Dwarf is the heir to the throne. He is originally crowned as 'King <his name>', but during the post-coronation party he becomes too inebriated to even remember his own name; at his own request, he is thus crowned as 'King Drunken Dwarf'.
The Drunken Dwarf is a participant in the Court Cases Distraction and Diversion, in the case of the Drunken Dwarf versus Botros. In the case he is alleged to have assaulted the character Botros whilst skilling; it is up to the player to decide whether to prosecute on behalf of Botros or defend the drunken dwarf. For completing the case the player will be rewarded with 5000 attack xp for prosecuting or 5000 defence xp for defending the drunken dwarf.
Random event (discontinued)Edit
As a random event, he would occasionally appear and talk to players. If the player responded, the dwarf would give them a kebab and a beer. If the player ignored him, he would throw rocks at the player which hit a max of 2 hitpoints, (the equivalent of about 200 lifepoints) capable of hitting through even the Protect from Missiles prayer. He would not stop unless the player talked to him.
He could be killed using a combative familiar (if you were in multicombat), and upon death would just drop regular bones.
It was widely disputed that this random event was unfair, because if the player lagged, they would most likely have died as a result.
- 'Ere, matey, 'ave some 'o the good stuff.
- Dun ignore your matey!
- I hates you [insert player's name]!
- Aww comeon, talk to ikle me [insert player's name]!
If the player died or logged out, the Dwarf would exclaim:
- Aw me is all alone... and disappear.
When wandering the world, he can be found in many places. The locations he can be found at include:
- Crandor and Karamja Dungeon, near the brick wall with lesser demons
- Outside of the Champion's Guild.
- Al Kharid bank, the Cactus Patch, Furnace, Gem Trader, Palace, Al Kharid mining site, gate to Lumbridge, between Al Kharid and Varrock, Faruq
- Gunnarsgrunn canoe station and near the Cooking guild
- The north Falador Entrance, Falador park, below the South Falador entrance, southwest part of Falador, Party room, south of the Artisan's Workshop
- Wilderness: just a little ways south of the Bandit Camp entrance.
- Wilderness: north of the Black Knights' Fortress, near the Zamorak Mage, Wilderness volcano, Southern Wilderness Mining Site
- Rimmington, Port Sarim
- The Grand Exchange and Varrock palace (including 2nd floor), Varrock museum, Zaff's house, Varrock east and west banks, Varrock Ivies, Stone circle, South-east Varrock mining site, Earth Altar, Blue Moon Inn
- Cows and chicken patches east of Lumbridge, between Fred the Farmer's farm and the Falador cabbage patch, Draynor Village, Water altar, Falador south entrance, Maggie's caravan
- Karamja, south of the volcano
- Ruins near Edgeville
- Musa Point (Karamja), Karamja Volcano Mine
- Crafting Guild, Hobgoblin Peninsula
- Mining Guild, Dwarven Mines
- Asgarnian Ice Caves - near the blurite ores
- In Victoria's house at Lumbridge, near Graveyard
- Lumbridge Swamps, north of East Mining Site
- Just north of the chaos temple
- In the Dwarven Mines in Asgarnia, outside the entrance to the Living Rock Caverns.
- In between the Sheep farm and cabbage patch in Lumbridge
- Just south of the Spirit of Summer quest start.
- Lumbridge furnace house
- Mudskipper Point
- Clan Camp
- Draynor, near the Willow trees
- Varrock, in the pottery house
- Varrock square
- If the Drunken Dwarf killed the player near their respawn point, such as Lumbridge, he would continue to attack them once they respawned.
- In Swan Song, the Drunken Dwarf is revealed to have 400 life points.
- When the Drunken Dwarf appeared the player would hear a unique whistling sound. This was an easy way to notice a Drunken Dwarf immediately if the player was doing a task that doesn't require full attention such as Woodcutting or Fishing.
- Though most non-chaos dwarves still alive are incapable of casting magic or are not willing to use magic beyond casting Superheat Item, the Drunken Dwarf appears capable of teleporting all over Gielinor, and even into pocket dimensions not really part of Gielinor, such as those containing the Runecrafting Altars (not utilising the conventional means used to reach there).
- In the Evolution of Combat beta, a bug allowed players to walk to Tutorial Island. The Drunken Dwarf was placed on the island by Jagex to remove the players that had reached the Island, by throwing a beer at them, which teleported them to Lumbridge.
|Bee keeper • Cap'n Arnav's Chest • Certer • Drill Demon • Evil Bob • Evil Twin • Freaky Forester • Kiss the frog • Gravedigger • Lost and Found • Maze • Mime • Pillory • Pinball • Prison Pete • Quiz Master • Sandwich lady • Surprise Exam • Big fish • Candlelight • Dr. Ford • Drunken Dwarf • Ent • Evil Chicken • Exploding rock • Jekyll and Hyde • Lost Pirate • Poison Gas • Rick Turpentine • River troll • Rock Golem • Security Guard • Shade • Strange plant • Swarm • Tangle Vine • Tree spirit • Watchman • Whirlpool • Zombie|
Rulers and Monarchs
|Misthalin||King Claudius • King Botolph Remanis • King Roald Remanis I • King Roald Remanis II • The Five Princes of Misthalin • King Roald Remanis III • Queen Ellamaria Remanis • Remanis bloodline|
|Asgarnia||King Raddallin • King Vallance • Crown Prince Anlaf • Princess Miazrqa|
|Kandarin||King Narras Ardignas • King Ulthas Ardignas • King Tyras Ardignas • King Lathas Ardignas • Ardignas bloodline • King Arthur|
|Miscellania and Etceteria||Queen Sigrid • King Vargas • Princess Astrid • Prince Brand • Player character|
|Fremennik Isles||King Jatizso • King Gjuki Sorvott I • King Gjuki Sorvott II • King Gjuki Sorvott III • King Gjuki Sorvott IV • King Neitiznot • Mawnis Burowgar|
|Kharidian Desert||Senliten • Osmumten • The Pharaoh • The Sultan • Emir Shah • Ali Mirza|
|Ape Atoll and Karamja||King Awowogei • King Dathalas • Queen Rashiliyia|
|Land of Snow||Queen of Snow • Santa Claus • Jack Frost|
|Fisher Realm||The Fisher King • King Percival|
|Hallowland||Queen Efaritay Hallow • Ascertes Hallow • Safalaan Hallow|
|Slugs||Mother Mallum • Slug Prince|
|Fremennik Province||Brundt the Chieftain • Hamal the Chieftain|
|Morytania||Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan • Count Victor Draynor Drakan • Vanescula Drakan • Ranis Drakan|
|Gnome Empire||King Healthorg the Great • King Argenthorg • King Bolren • King Narnode Shareen|
|Other||King rat • Sea Troll Queen • Queen Black Dragon • King Black Dragon • Spider Queen • The Pescallion • Walrus • Pest Queen • Queen of Sunrise • Fairy Queen • Penance Queen • Frog Prince • Frog princess • Flora • The Queen • Ice Queen • Baxtorian • Glarial • Ice Troll King • Kalphite King • Kalphite Queen • Exiled Kalphite Queen • Jadinko Queen|