|Release date||31 January 2012 (Update)|
|Start point||Kaqemeex in the stone circle south of the Heroes' Guild|
|Member requirement||Free to play|
|Items required||Items from the tool belt are not listed unless they do not work or are not automatically added.
|Enemies to defeat||None|
To get started talk to Kaqemeex who is located in the stone circle south of the Heroes' Guild. He says that they need help dealing with the trolls, but Guthix doesn't seem to think that the chaos is significant enough to do anything about. To attract the attention of Guthix, he needs help to make an ointment of imbalance. Offer to help him with his task and he will tell the player to talk to Sanfew.
Sanfew can be located in the house south-west of Pikkupstix and north of Alain's tree patch, across the river, directly north of the slayer master. Talk to him about making an ointment of imbalance for Kaqemeex and he will ask you to get the materials for him: untainted living water, wandering wyrmwood, and some stone fish scales. He will give you a vial if you do not have one.
Untainted living waterEdit
The untainted living water must be obtained from a cave to the south inhabited by gelatinous abominations. To get to the cave, head south from Sanfew until you reach a small peninsula on Lake Crystalmere. Enter the cave and go as far south as possible. Find the spring at the far end of the cave and take the water from there.
Stone fish scalesEdit
Go to the west side of the same lake, just east of the entrance to Taverley Dungeon and a field of grain, and fish at the Sparkling Fish Spot. Once you have caught a stone fish, use a chisel on it to receive some stone scales.
After obtaining the stone scales, head South until the wyrmwoods are seen, north of Nora T. Hagg's house and next to Sylas. The wyrmwood will be in the ground, looking like a plant. Wait until it starts to walk around and then quickly pick it to get wandering wyrmwood. This may take a few tries, as they tend to delve themselves back in quickly.
Once the ingredients are all acquired, return to Sanfew and give them to him. He will use the ingredients to make an ointment of imbalance, and in a cut scene Kaqemeex will commence the ritual.
After some unnecessary "mad babbling", which Sanfew disapproves of, Kaqemeex will pour the potion over the altar and momentarily a cloud with lightning and sunshine will appear and the circle will start growing flowers and ivy on the dead stones, announcing that the ritual is complete. The druids will conclude that Guthix has answered their request and will intervene against the trolls.
Congratulations, quest complete!
- 4 quest points
- 250 experience
- 15 noted grimy guams and eye of newt.
- 2 Treasure Hunter keys and 2 Hearts of Ice
Required for CompletingEdit
- A Void Dance
- Deadliest Catch
- Eadgar's Ruse
- Jungle Potion
- Heroes' Quest
- Meeting History
- Recruitment Drive
- Zogre Flesh Eaters
- One Small Favour
- When you fish for the stone fish and have coins both in your inventory and in your money pouch, one coin will be taken from inventory, but the chatbox will say 'One coin has been removed from your money pouch'.
- If members had completed the old quest prior to the Troll Warzone update, they are able to redo it for the full reward. The old quest was also a requirement for training Herblore, but this is no longer the case.
- If the player has a knife, and they select the option to use the knife on the stone fish, they get the message "The stone fish is too tough to use a knife to get the scales. You should try a chisel instead.