|Release date||31 August 2011 (Update)|
|Quest item?||The Branches of Darkmeyer|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You'll probably be able to find another one in the cave South of Burgh de Rott.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine|| This looks very old.|
An ancient medallion, belonging to Lord Drakan.
- Burgh de Rott, south of the bank. There is a cave close by where players can charge the medallion once again.
- Meiyerditch Dungeon, in the Laboratory.
- Into the Meiyerditch Myreque hideout, after Safalaan initially modifies it.
- Barrows, after Vanescula Drakan fully unlocks the medallion's power.
- The upper tier of Darkmeyer, in the antechamber to the Blisterwood tree's chamber, after Vanescula fully unlocks the medallion's power.
Teleporting between these places, or from the general Morytania area (including Canifis, Port Phasmatys, Mos Le'Harmless, and underground areas) to any of them, does not use any charges and may be done when the amulet has 0 charges. However, teleporting out of Temple Trekking/Burgh de Rott Ramble, from Paterdomus, or any other part of RuneScape uses one charge. Therefore, if one wants to save or negate the need for charges, it is a good idea to use the Ectophial to teleport to Port Phasmatys or to use the Canifis Lodestone and then use the medallion to teleport to the desired location. This effectively gives the medallion an unlimited amount of charges.
The medallion has 10 charges, and can be recharged by dipping it into the blood pool, in the cave where the medallion was originally found. The cave is found just south of the bank in Burgh de Rott. Upon charging it, you receive the message, You dip the medallion in the pool. The symbol glows as it recharges.
The medallion is extremely useful for teleporting about Morytania, since no charges are used when teleporting in most places there. It allows quick banking at Burgh de Rott and quick prayer recharging at the altar in Darkmeyer. This is particularly useful for players doing Barrows, as banking and prayer recharging are both needed to do multiple runs of that minigame. Be aware that the Vyres in Darkmeyer will attack a player going to the altar there unless the player is wearing the Darkmeyer disguise. However, Protect from/Deflect Melee will partially protect the player from the attacks.
A player wearing Drakan's medallion
|[view] • [talk]|
- On release, teleporting from the slime pit, from inside the Barrows, or within the Shade Catacombs caused the medallion to use a charge. All locations have now been fixed.
- Using the medallion at the Ectopool will also use a charge. It is unclear if this is a bug or not.
- This item has the most teleport charges on a rechargeable item, tied with the Sceptre of the gods.
- The "Submerge medallion" option on the blood pool uses a space rather than a hyphen, unlike many other right click options.
- Thanks to this medallion you can teleport near the Blood altar and run there using almost the same amount of time as you would if going through the Abyss, yet there is no PK danger in this method. If you were to use this method, be sure to exit the altar before teleporting, as then the medallion will not use a charge.
- Teleporting from the Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede with the medallion will not use a charge. This is most likely due to its proximity with Morytania.