|Release||15 January 2008 (Update)|
|Abilities||Forager - cockatrice eggs. Right-click Drain - inflicts damage and drains a combat stat.|
|Special moves||Petrifying Gaze|
|Examine||If looks could kill... Oh wait, they do!|
The Spirit cockatrice is a level 43 Summoning familiar. It is summoned by using a Spirit cockatrice pouch, which will give you 0.9 Summoning experience. It can find and store Cockatrice eggs for you as per its scavenging ability. In the time that it exists, a single Spirit Cockatrice will usually produce about 3-8 cockatrice eggs.
Spirit cockatrice pouchEdit
|88 ( 2,200)|| 58.2|
|Create XP||Use XP||Low alch||Hi alch||GE price|
|GE Database||Cost to make||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4,377|
|I can summon a spirit cockatrice familiar with this.|
A Spirit cockatrice pouch is created by using a pouch on a summoning obelisk with one green charm, 88 shards and a Cockatrice egg in the inventory. You must have 43 Summoning or above to create a Spirit cockatrice Pouch. Making the pouch grants 75.2 experience.Then making scrolls out of it grants another 12.5
Petrifying gaze scrollEdit
|Create XP||Use XP||Special move points|
|Low Alch||High Alch||GE Price|
|GE Database||Bogrog shard return||Shard return level|
|Look up price||4 (100)||50|
|A scroll for a cockatrice variant familiar.|
The Spirit cockatrice has a special attack called Petrifying Gaze, which damages an opponent and drains their Defence level by 3. Petrifying gaze scrolls can be used with any variant of the cockatrice; however, each variant drains a different combat stat.
Spirit cockatrices have a total of 7 variants. Each variant requires slightly different pouch components, and each variant's special attack affects a different combat stat. The differences are as follows:
- Spirit cockatrice: drains Defence, pouch requires a Cockatrice egg (a chicken egg incubated by a Spirit cobra or a common drop from a Cockatrice)
- Spirit saratrice: drains Prayer, pouch requires a Saratrice egg (a blue bird's egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit guthatrice: drains Attack, pouch requires a Guthatrice egg (a green bird's egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit zamatrice: drains Strength, pouch requires a Zamatrice egg (a red bird's egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit pengatrice: drains Magic, pouch requires a Pengatrice egg (a Penguin egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit coraxatrice: drains Summoning, pouch requires a Coraxatrice egg (a Raven egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
- Spirit vulatrice: drains Ranged, pouch requires a Vulatrice egg (a Vulture egg incubated by a Spirit cobra)
The Spirit cobra incubates the eggs by using the Ophidian Incubation scroll. Coloured bird's eggs and raven eggs are found in some bird's nests. Penguin eggs are obtained from the penguin keepers at the Ardougne zoo. Vulture eggs are obtained by killing Vultures in the Kharidian desert.
Before the Evolution of Combat, the spirit cockatrice had a right-click ability that inflicted damage to an enemy and drained a combat stat, costing summoning points.