|Release||9 September 2009 (Update)|
|High alch||75,000 coins|
|Low alch||50,000 coins|
|Exchange||8,487,014 coins (info)|
|Used for mining.|
Dragon pickaxes are very rare drops from Chaos dwogres, Chaos dwarf hand cannoneers, and Chaos dwarves on the Chaos Dwarf Battlefield after completion of the quest (Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf), and Chaos giants after the quest Birthright of the Dwarves. They are also a possible reward from the Triskelion Treasures and the Motherlode Maw. The quest does not need to be completed in order to use this item. The ring of wealth does not affect the chance to get the pickaxe as a drop.
The dragon pickaxe can be gilded by the Liquid gold nymph after receiving the full golden mining suit. The gilded dragon pickaxe is cosmetic, cannot be lent, and gives no bonuses over the regular pickaxe.
As of 17 June 2013, this pickaxe can be stored on a tool belt, but requires confirmation before doing so, as it is extremely valuable and cannot be taken off. However, it can still be used to make a crystal pickaxe, and the gilded dragon pickaxe can be removed by Thurgo from your tool belt in order to create an imcando pickaxe.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 3.6 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The dragon pickaxe has a special attack, Shock, which requires 100% adrenaline and drains your opponent's Attack, Ranged, and Magic by 5%.
The dragon pickaxe has a drop rate of 1/5000
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Chaos Giant||126||1||Very rare|
|Chaos dwarf||28; 47; 101||1||Very rare|
|Chaos dwarf hand cannoneer||70; 101||1||Very rare|
|Chaos dwogre||92; 98||1||Very rare|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
- After being the subject of many rumours over the years, Mod Mark confirmed that it was in development on 5 March 2009 (see Update:RuneScape Q&A – Further Answers).
- The Dragon pickaxe was added to the Chaos giant drop table on 15 February 2016.