|Release date||29 May 2012 (Update)|
|High alch||330,000 coins|
|Low alch||220,000 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||331,500 coins (info)|
|Examine||A large metal shield.|
The dragon kiteshield is a rare reward from the Queen Black Dragon's coffers. It requires 60 Defence to be wielded. It was much sought after by players upon its release. The shield was initially introduced with a median price of 800,000 coins. However, due to high demand, it was impossible to secure the item from the Grand Exchange at the introductory price, and the shield saw a tremendous price increase over the following days. 60 Summoning is required to encounter the only dropper of this shield, the Queen Black Dragon, but this is not a requirement to wield it.
The dragon kiteshield is the tenth-strongest shield in the game in overall defensive capability, behind the blessed spirit shield. It is the fourth-strongest kiteshield in the game, behind the malevolent kiteshield, chaotic kiteshield and third-age kiteshield.
A dragon kiteshield can be combined with a dragon kite ornament kit (or) to make a gold-trimmed dragon kiteshield (or), or with a dragon kite ornament kit (sp) to make a dragon kiteshield (sp). None of these cosmetic enhancements change the stats in any way.
Due to the evolution of combat, the Toktz-ket-xil has the exact armour rating and life point boost, thus making the dragon kiteshield a cosmetic alternative, also this is a reason why dragon kiteshield received a sharp drop after the Evolution of Combat (the price of this item is currently around the high alchemy value), as the Toktz-ket-xil is a much cheaper and lighter choice. Mid-level players or players participating in risky activities are recommended to use the Toktz-ket-xil.
A player wielding a dragon kiteshield.
|[view] • [talk]|
Dropping monsters Edit
|Queen Black Dragon||220||1||Rare|
See also Edit
- The shield's unplanned release was first confirmed definitively in a post by Mod Ajd on Jagex's Youtube channel in the summer of 2010. However, the post emphasized that it would not be added until an ideal method of releasing it was developed.
- The dragon kiteshield has been requested and spoken of by players since the introduction of dragon equipment. Jagex referenced this through an April Fools joke on 1 April 2008, during which Diango was said to be selling "dragon kites," a slang term often applied to dragon kiteshields. When Diango was spoken to, it was revealed that these were in fact toy kites bearing a dragon symbol.
- The dragon kiteshield has the appearance of a dragon's face.
- An anagram of dragon kiteshield, "a soldiered knight", was mentioned during the Chaos Elemental Letter 16, hinting that it would be dropped by the Queen Black Dragon, which was confirmed in the May 2012 Behind the Scenes.
- The dragon kiteshield is the tenth-strongest shield in the game in overall defensive capability, behind the blessed spirit shield. It is the fourth-strongest kiteshield in the game, behind the malevolent kiteshield, chaotic kiteshield and third-age kiteshield.
- The dragon kiteshield has no defensive animation at this time, like the chaotic kiteshield.
- Originally the individual images of dragon square shield right and left halves combined would have resembled a kiteshield rather than a square shield. Jagex later updated the item's images after players noticed this.