|Release date||6 November 2012 (Update)|
|Alchemy||Cannot be alchemised|
|Destroy||You can obtain more by buying them in Solomon's Store.|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Examine||A familiar-looking shape.|
Most unlent item equippable in the head, cape, neck, body, legs, gloves, main hand, off-hand, or boots slots can be used with the key as long as the player has the requirements to wear it. Once an item is used on a key, the key disappears, and if the player wishes to replace a slot, they must purchase another key. You must use the item on the key, using the key on the item will trigger the "Nothing interesting happens." message.
To activate the cosmetic override, a player must open the equipment interface and select the 'Customisation' option. Under the 'Dragon Keepsake Box' category, players can choose the desired Cosmetic armour to override their current appearance by highlighting the desired options. A player can switch between equipment wielded and the cosmetic override will not change or have to be reestablished again. A player can also wield nothing, and the cosmetic override will still show.
|1|| 126 |
(33,600 Loyalty points)
- Items that degrade (such as Eastern armour, Ancient Warrior's armour, corrupt dragon armour, etc.) do not degrade while in the dragon keepsake box.
- The dragon keepsake key can be brought into the dungeons of Daemonheim and be used to wear dungeoneering equipment as a skin outside of Daemonheim. One cannot however, add items that have been bound in Dungeoneering to the keepsake boxes. The message "This item cannot currently be placed in the Dragon Keepsake Box" appears upon attempting it.
- If the player attempts to convert an item they do not have the proper level(s), quests completed, or other requirements to equip, they will not be able to put the item in the box. Attempting to do so returns with a message stating that the player does not have the requirements to equip the item.
- It is only possible to have one of each item slot as an override at one time.
- As with other Solomon's Store skins, the cosmetic override of the dragon keepsake key will not display in PvP areas.
- Certain quest items cannot be placed inside of the box, such as Glarial's amulet.
- Members items cannot be put in the keepsake boxes on free worlds. But Members items that have been placed inside the keepsake box while in a Members world can still be used in F2P.
- Items can only be put into the box in safe areas such as banks (excluding Clan Citadel bank) and within Daemonheim. Attempting to do so outside these areas would give a message saying "You cannot use the Dragon Keepsake Key here. Please go to one of the safe zones, such as bank areas."
- Main Hand and Off-hand slots are dependent on equipment type, meaning you must be wearing the same type of equipment as the item you bound in order see the cosmetic override. (For example, if a Mage's book is bound, it will not appear when a shield is equipped, but it will appear if another book is equipped in the off-hand slot, such as Saradomin's holy book.)
Players can reclaim the item that was turned into a customisation skin back to one's own inventory; however, the dragon keepsake key will remain destroyed and a new key must be acquired to make a new cosmetic override for one slot. To do this, in the 'Customisation' interface, a player would right-click the customisation and choose 'Reclaim-item'. It is not possible to reclaim any Dungeoneering equipment that has been added using a dragon keepsake key.
- The quest point cape, max cape, and completionist cape can also be stored in the dragon keepsake key as long as the requirements are met. Using one of these items on the dragon keepsake key will give you a warning - "The requirements to wear this item may change with future updates to the game. If it is stored in the Dragon Keepsake Box, and you fail to meet the requirements to equip it, you will no longer be able to activate the override until you meet the requirements once again. It will remain in the Dragon Keepsake Box regardless of your ability to equip it, until you choose to remove it."
- If you store a skill cape in your keepsake box, you can equip it as an override, but you cannot use the emote. Alternatively, it is possible to store a skill cape in the box, and then equip another skill cape and use that skill cape's emote.
- Binding an untrimmed achievement cape will keep it untrimmed upon achieving a second level 99.
- Clan cloaks are not compatible with the keepsake key.
- To store an item, it has to be used with the Dragon Keepsake Key. Using the Dragon Keepsake Key with the item will result in the message "Nothing interesting happens."
- As of the update on 3rd March 2013, you can now purchase a secondary Completionist Cape if you have one stored in your Keepsake Box for 5,000,000 coins from the Varrock Museum. You will not, however, receive a second hood, even if one is stored in the Keepsake Box.
- ^ Jagex Ltd. "Solomon’s General Store: Dragon Keepsake Box & Keys". 8 November 2012. RuneScape News.