|Release||7 November 2005 (Update)|
|High alch||33,000 coins|
|Low alch||22,000 coins|
|Exchange||1,039,608 coins (info)|
|Examine||A very powerful hatchet.|
The Dragon hatchet is tied with the Inferno adze for the second best hatchet available, only surpassed by the crystal hatchet. It is a members-only tool. It is both a weapon (requiring 60 Attack to wield) and a Woodcutting tool (requiring 61 Woodcutting to use). It is a rare drop from the Dagannoth Kings: Dagannoth Rex, Dagannoth Prime, and Dagannoth Supreme, all of whom inhabit Waterbirth Island. They are also a possible reward from the Crystal triskelion and the Motherlode Maw, although it is quite rare to receive one.
As of 17 June 2013, this hatchet can be stored on the tool belt, but requires confirmation before doing so, as it cannot be removed, once added, but it can be traded from the tool belt with 4,000 harmonic dust to Lady Ithell, in the Ithell Clan district of Prifddinas for a crystal hatchet.
When received with CoinShare active, the Dragon hatchet will be dropped as 120 Dragon hatchet shards split evenly among the players and sent directly to their banks. 120 shards can be combined to create this item.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
The dragon hatchet has a special attack, Clobber, which requires 100% adrenaline and lowers your opponent's Defence and Magic by 5% of the previous level. It also applies a debuff that increases the target's Affinity values by 3 for the same amount of time as the Defence and Magic debuffs.
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
- There is currently a glitch where when cutting an evil tree while the dragon hatchet is sheathed, your character will still have the hatchet sheathed on their back as well be wielding one to cut the tree.
- Upon its release the dragon hatchet only needed a Woodcutting level of 41 (same as a rune hatchet) and could only cut logs at the same rate as a rune hatchet. It was simply considered a more expensive, red-coloured rune hatchet with better combat stats (which Jagex actually confirmed in the knowledge base earlier). On 22 August 2006, its log cutting ability was increased to be about 5-10% faster than a rune hatchet, and its Woodcutting level requirement was increased to 61.