|Release||7 December 2010 (Update)|
|Examine||A defensive weapon that can parry attacks, reducing damage and increases the accuracy of your next hit.|
The dragon defender is the eighth and final defender obtained in the Warriors' Guild, and is held in the off-hand in place of a shield. It is dropped by Cyclopes on the top floor of the Warriors' Guild, but only if the player is wielding or carrying a rune defender or higher. Like all defenders, it allows the use of both dual-wielding and shield abilities, and provides a 3% accuracy boost.
Wielding a rune or dragon defender can cause a Cyclossus to spawn, which has a much higher drop rate of the dragon defender. In addition, using the multi-token option in the cyclopes room increases the chance of receiving a dragon defender as well as encountering a cyclossus.
Some players choose to train combat on cyclopes. They should note that wearing a dragon defender whilst fighting the cyclopes may lead to the summoning of a cyclossus. Many players consider fighting the cyclossus difficult, troublesome, and costly in terms of food. Players who desire to train on cyclopes, but do not wish to confront a cyclossus, should use alternatives such as an off-hand weapon or shield. Also, they may choose to use a two-handed weapon; do note acquiring a dragon defender requires a rune or dragon defender to be wielded or in the player's inventory.
The dragon defender was very popular before the Evolution of Combat because it was the best of the defenders, which were the only off-hand melee weapon in the game at the time. It has since been displaced by ordinary dragon off-hands and stronger weapons like the enhanced excalibur.
If one were to open the loot chest of the Barrows minigame when a dragon defender or better is equipped or in the player's inventory, there is a chance that the corruption sigil may drop, which can be combined with different (new or fully repaired) barrows weapons in order to further upgrade the tier 60 dragon defender to a tier 70 melee/magic/ranged equivalent.
- Combining it with Dharok’s greataxe, Verac's flail, Guthan's spear, or Torag's hammer creates a corrupted defender
- Combining it with Ahrim's staff creates a blighted rebounder
- Combining it with Karil's crossbow creates a tainted repriser
When using the defender in combat, it will randomly block a hit, similar to Saradominist and Zamorakian warpriest armour. This effect was added with the release of Legacy Mode. This has a chance of 1/15, reduces damage by 50%-100% and provides +20% accuracy for the next attack.
The defender reduces the damage of this attack by X.
|60 , 60|
|Armour||113||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
Interval: 2.4 seconds
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||34.0%|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
- A player can get as many dragon defenders as they wish, however, they must have another rune or dragon defender in their inventory or wielded.
- The dragon defender used the same blade as the dragon scimitar before its third graphical update.
- If killed in red portal clan wars each Dragon Defender turns into 1,000 coins for the killer.
Defenders, reprisers, and rebounders