|Release||31 July 2006 (Update)|
|High alch||637 coins|
|Low alch||425 coins|
|Exchange||333 coins (info)|
|Examine||Enchanted dragonstone-tipped runite crossbow bolts.|
Enchanted dragonstone bolts are runite bolts tipped with enchanted dragonstone. They are made by enchanting Dragon bolts through the spell Enchant Crossbow Bolt (Dragonstone) by a player with level 68 Magic. The spell enchants 10 dragonstone bolts at a time.
These bolts can be only used with the following crossbows:
- Rune crossbow
- Armadyl crossbow
- Chaotic crossbow
- Serpentine 2h crossbow
- Royal crossbow
- Ascension crossbow
- Demon slayer crossbow
Enchanted dragonstone bolts are enchanted with the Dragon's Breath enchantment. This gives the bolts a chance of inflicting a dragonfire hit against their target dealing 14% extra damage, unless they have an anti-dragon shield or dragonfire shield, have used an antifire potion, or are a 'fire type' creature, such as a dragon. This effect can be triggered with auto attacks and abilities, with abilities consuming one bolt per activation.
The chance of the special attack occurring is increased upon the completion of the Elite Seers' Tasks.
The special (and dragonfire in general) damage is calculated based on the opponent's Defence - if the opponent has none, players will hit extremely hard and consistently.
|Armour||0||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|[FAQ] • [doc]|
- This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here.
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||61.5%|
- On 23 February 2010, a glitch allowed players to 'duplicate' these bolts. The exploit involved a glitch that produced 12 dragon bolts(e) when the enchant spell was cast, but only one unenchanted dragon bolt was used up per cast. Each cast then made over 70k profit and some people performed the duplication over 1000 times per hour for 70m+ profit per hour. The exploit was linked in connection to the Recent Update on 22 February, and was patched in under 24hrs time only existing for one day (Feb 23rd). The bug was so widely abused that the price of dragon bolts(e) had fallen from 7000 to about 4900 coins after the glitch. The glitch could also be performed on other bolts, but apparently dragon bolts(e) were the most commonly duplicated. Many threads have been hidden on the Fletching marketplace Forum on the RSOF indicating players that have abused this bug. Many abusers were banned, and Jagex released an official statement about the glitch on 2 March 2010.
- These bolts were untradeable when released, but a hidden update in 2007 made them tradeable.