|Release date||20 November 2012 (Update)|
|Breathe a mighty cloud of fire in a frontal cone, hitting all targets for damage up to 188% of active spell damage, disabling protection prayers in PvP.|
Click animation for full size
Dragon Breath is a basic Magic ability. When activated the player hits all targets within a distance of the target for up to 188% of active spell damage. If used at a distance, other monsters or players in between may be hit as well. The damage is not affected by a target's use of a dragonfire protection.
While wearing the Dragon Rider amulet, this ability's damage will be increased by 10% and it will have about a 5% chance to burn the opponent with a shortened version of Combust that does 10% of Dragon Breath's maximum damage three times. This shortened version of Combust does not double in damage if the target moves from its spot.
- Dragon Breath is the only basic ability that doesn't increase adrenaline by 8%, giving 10% instead.
- In PvP Dragon Breath was used at a distance and generates adrenaline but does no damage. Against NPCs, Dragon Breath could only be used adjacent to the target. This was changed in March 2014.
- Dragon Breath used to hit 300% active spell damage before a hidden update that severely weakened most abilities.
- There was previously a glitch where if a large monster stood between the player and their target, it would take damage from dragon breath 2 to 4 times. This was fixed on 29 September 2014.
- There is a glitch where if Dragon Breath is used against a Lava strykewyrm or its boss variant, it will only generate 8% adrenaline, even though it normally gives 10%.