|Release date||January 28, 2001 (Update)|
|Quest NPC?||Vampire Slayer|
|Location||Blue Moon Inn|
|Examine|| A retired vampire hunter.|
|Notable features|| Retired Vampyre Slayer|
Dr. Randulf Harlow is a retired vampyre slayer in the Blue Moon Inn at Varrock. If a player has started Vampyre Slayer, they must buy him a beer in order to convince him to teach them how to kill Count Draynor. Dr. Harlow will then give players a stake and a stake hammer. After completing the quest, Dr. Harlow will go back to what he was saying before ("Buy me a beer pleash").
- Dr. Harlow used to be located in the Jolly Boar Inn, north-east of Varrock.
- Dr. Harlow received a makeover on 15 December 2009.
- Before his graphical makeover, he was one of the few NPCs to wear glasses. This is no longer the case.
- His new look resembles Van Helsing, the protagonist and vampyre hunter from Bram Stoker's Dracula. It is also likely that he was based off the character originally.
- He could also be based off of psychologist Harry Harlow, who was known to be an alcoholic.
- At the mention of "How to kill a vampyre" Dr. Harlow resumes a normal, sober state. His speech isn't slurred, and it seems the only thing that could snap him out of his inebriated state.