|Release date||5 December 2006 (Update)|
|Combat level||140 / 150 / 170|
|XP per kill||1630 (and 537.9 experience)|
|Examine text||He's playing both sides!|
Level 3 emote clues all around the world. Outside the wilderness double agents have a combat level of 140.
Strengths and weaknessesEdit
He uses only melee in combat, and he can deal moderate damage and with consistent accuracy, and he also has good defence, especially against melee and ranged. He is weak to Air spells, so bringing air runes and a magic weapon (the Polypore staff is very effective) and quickly stunning him will prevent him from being able to reach the player. It is also a good idea to turn on the Protect from Melee prayer immediately before fighting him to reduce his damage output.
Even though he is wearing nothing but robes, his defence against Ranged and Melee is extremely high, and it will be difficult to land many hits unless high levelled weapons are used. Shield abilities and ring of recoil could be used, but tend to be very long and food-intensive. Magic is highly recommended, so bringing the strongest staff or wand available and using a strong air spell such as Air Surge or Gale Barrage will make short work of him.
Tips for killingEdit
As soon as he appears, use Impact with your mage weapon or Polypore staff equipped. If that fails, try to bind or freeze him. Before landing the killing blow, you may wish to follow the clue scroll's directions; that way, when you kill the Double Agent, you won't have to use the emote again to summon him. On the other hand, it may still be a better idea to wait until after he's dead if the clue requires you to wear ranged or melee equipment, as they may subtract from your magic offence, and you will need every bit of accuracy when facing him.
- If a player has auto retaliate turned on, they will occasionally run northwards after killing a double agent, the reason for this is not yet known.
- The double agent's cry of "I expect you to die!" is a reference to the 007 film Goldfinger, in which Bond asks "Do you expect me to talk?", to which Goldfinger's reply is "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!" A similar reference is made when talking with 50% Luke, except the player says "I expect you to die!"
- When the Double agent was first released, it was possible for players to do the same emote, multiple times, resulting in a mass of Uris spawning.
- If the Double Agent is killed while you are wearing the equipment you are instructed to wear for the clue, Uri will immediately appear after the Double Agent dies.
- If another player attempts to attack the Double Agent, a message will appear: "It's not after you..."
- Only one double agent can be summoned per player in the same location at the same time.
- It is possible to obtain a spin ticket by killing the double agent. This also applies to other clue scroll monsters such as the Saradomin wizard.
- The Double Agent, along with the Guthix Wizard, Saradomin Wizard, and Zamorak Wizard were some of the NPCs to not receive a lifepoint and damage increase with the Evolution of Combat until a hidden update on 4 December 2012. This was an oversight by Jagex and was fixed due to complaints on the forums.
- The Double Agent's stats were slightly reduced with the release of Wilderness Warbands, making him easier to kill.