Dororan is a dwarven poet in love with Gudrun, the daughter of Gunnarsgrunn's Chieftain Gunthor. However, he does not believe that he stands a chance, as his strengths lie in words which have left him poor while the barbarians value strength, wealth and height. Despite his love of writing, he does not consider himself to be very good at it, having accidentally given bad advice to Jeffery and often has difficulty writing poems he considers to be worthwhile. He also lacks confidence to present his own work, preferring to let other actors do it for him.
During his attempt to woo Gudrun, he enlists the help of a passing adventurer to help him by obtaining and delivering an engraved ring to Gudrun. When he learns of her father's attitude, he attempts to come up with a poem to convince Gunthor to change his views. However, he struggles and relies on the adventurer to help him write the poem then convince Gudrun to read it. Upon hearing the poem, Gunthor laughs, declaring the village a settlement and making Dororan the village's poet. They move into the Leptoc manor together, south of the Grand Exchange in Varrock. He also offers the adventurer up to 11 pairs of swanky boots, requiring a ruby ring for any further pairs. He also gives away copies of Gunnar's Ground, his poem that convinced Gunthor to change his mind.
Afterwards, Dororan will request the player's aid in engraving a ruby bracelet, dragonstone necklace and onyx amulet, requiring levels 42, 72 and 90 Crafting respectively. This awards a total of 32,000 Crafting experience. He will provide all the necessary jewellery.
- He states that Edgeville is "North of here, beyond a ruined fortress. It used to be a bustling den of cutthroats but it's quite quiet these days." This is a reference to Edgeville before the 10 December 2007 update when it was often crowded with player killers going to and from the Wilderness.
- Dororan is mentioned in the 14th Postbag from the Hedge, as when the quest Romeo & Juliet and all relevant characters were removed, all references to Romeo were changed to Dororan, including a letter addressed to Romeo in that Postbag.
- Dororan's graphics were updated on 5 September 2012.
- His reanimated head can be found in New Varrock on a string alongside Romeo and Juliet's heads.
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "The people of this village value strength, stature and riches. I have none of these things. My people are indomitable warriors, dripping with gold and precious gems, but not I. I am not built for combat, and poetry has proven a life of poverty!"
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "Some time ago, Jeffery asked me for advice in acting on his affections. I gave him the best advice that I could. Things didn't work out very well for him. One thing led to another and now he no longer wishes to speak to me."
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "I'm stuck! I'm a worthless wordsmith! My work is pointless! My life is pointless!"
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "My poem is terrible, isn't it? The chieftain will probably have me killed."
- ^ Dororan, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "What? No! I'm a writer, not a performer. I think the chieftain would respond best to one of his people. Perhaps you could ask Gudrun to recite it to her father?"
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "Papa was so impressed by Dororan's poem, he's made him the village poet!"
- ^ Gudrun, "Gunnar's Ground", RuneScape. "It's not in the village. It's east of here: across the river and north of the road on the way to Varrock. It's a big house with roses outside."
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|