Dororan is a dwarf located outside Gunnarsgrunn and the main character the Gunnar's Ground quest. He is in love with Gudrun, daughter of Chieftain Gunthor, but doesn't believe he can win her favour. Dororan is a poet and feels that a barbarian, famed for their love of warriors, will never love him.
Upon completing Gunnar's Ground, Dororan will give away up to eleven pairs of swanky boots. The twelfth and subsequent pairs may be acquired in exchange for a ruby ring. He will also give away copies of Gunnar's Ground, the poem that was vital in the quest.
Once the Gunnar's Ground quest is completed, Dororan will request the player's help in carving words on a ruby bracelet, dragonstone necklace and onyx amulet. If the player agrees to help they will receive additional experience in Crafting; up to a total of 32,000. Free players can engrave the jewellery even though they can only be obtained by members. Temporary boosts work.
- Engraving ruby bracelet requires a Crafting level of 42 and gives 2,000 experience.
- Engraving dragonstone necklace requires a Crafting level of 72 and gives 10,000 experience.
- Engraving onyx amulet requires a Crafting level of 90 and gives 20,000 experience.
- If asked where Edgeville is, Dororan will reply that it is "North of here, beyond a ruined fortress. It used to be a bustling den of cutthroats but it's quite quiet these days." This is a reference to Edgeville before the 10 December 2007 update when it was often crowded with player killers going to and from the Wilderness.
- Dororan is mentioned in the 14th Postbag from the Hedge, even though Gunnar's Ground was not released for nearly four years after that postbag. This is because there used to be a letter to Romeo there, and when Romeo and Juliet was removed, all references to Romeo and Juliet were removed.
- When engraving the Dragonstone necklace, he asks that you engrave "The most beautiful girl in the room" onto it. This is probably a reference to the Flight of the Conchords song, "The most beautiful girl (in the room)."
- Dororan's graphics were updated on a seemingly random date, namely 5 September 2012, the day the God Wars Dungeon and almost everything related to it received a graphical makeover.