|Doric's Quest was significantly altered after an update. This article is retained to provide information on past elements of RuneScape.|
|Release date||6 April 2001 (Update)|
|“||Doric the dwarf is happy to let you use his anvils, but first he would like you to run an errand for him.||”|
- Developer: Rob L
- Conversion: Graham B
- QuestHelp: Nishal K
- Audio: Ian T
- Developer: Graham B
- Quality Assurance: Martin I
- Graphics: John S
|Start point:||The small house north of Falador with anvils inside, outside the east gate of Taverley. Once inside, talk with Doric.|
|Length:||Extremely short (5 secs - 10 mins; with all items before you start the quest, you can finish in less than 5 seconds)|
|Items required:||Items from the toolbelt do not need to be listed unless that version won't work, or aren't automatically added to it. |
Note that the clay must be dry, soft clay will NOT work.
|Enemies to defeat:||None|
Where you obtain the ores is irrelevant, and can be obtained from either another player, the Grand Exchange, purchasing from the Dwarven ore store in the Dwarven Mines underneath Ice Mountain and Falador, or by mining the ores yourself (level 15 Mining is required for iron ore). You can mine these ores in any mine that produces these ores in the game.
Be wary of travelling into the Dwarven Mines, as there are aggressive scorpions (level 14) and a few aggressive King Scorpions (level 32) that will attack you in some parts of the mine. Be prepared to fight them, or flee from them if your combat level is low, should you travel into some parts of the mining area.
When you have all the ores needed, return to Doric to finish the quest. The ores have to be unnoted or Doric will not accept them. If you have the ores with you when you start the quest, simply talk to Doric again after he asks for the materials.
- 1 Quest Point
- 180 coins
- 1300 experience
- The ability to use Doric's anvils
- Bronze pickaxe (given to you by Doric)
- 2 extra spins on the Squeal of Fortune
- Upon the completion of this quest, one's Adventurer's Log will read: "Who says you don't get rewarded for doing favours? I can now use Doric's anvil whenever I fancy."
- Doric used to say that he uses his anvils for making amulets, even though they can't be made on anvils by players.
- Because of the ability to collect the ore before starting the quest, the quest could be considered one of the shortest quests in Runescape.
- With the release of the Behind the Scenes article for October 2012, Jagex revealed that they would be replacing Doric's Quest with a new quest that would have "low-level requirements, [with] post-quest orders for high-level smiths to complete". On 17th October, Doric's Quest was replaced with the What's Mine is Yours quest.
Black Knights' Fortress • The Blood Pact • Cook's Assistant • Death Plateau • Demon Slayer • Druidic Ritual • Ernest the Chicken • Goblin Diplomacy • Gunnar's Ground • Imp Catcher • Let Them Eat Pie • Myths of the White Lands • Pirate's Treasure • The Restless Ghost • Rune Mysteries • Shield of Arrav • Stolen Hearts • Swept Away • Vampyre Slayer • Wolf Whistle What's Mine is Yours
|Removed or significantly changed|
Italics denote that the removed quest was later made into a miniquest.