The Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course is a high level Agility course located in a cave south of Dorgesh-Kaan. The Dorgesh-Kaan course was opened with the 20 March 2007 update. The use of it requires at least level 80 Agility, completion of the quest Death to the Dorgeshuun, and a light source. The course can be used to train Agility, Ranged, or split for both skills. The basic premise of the course is to cross obstacles using one of two routes to retrieve an item requested by the goblin Turgall. Either path can also be used to return an item to Turgall, who will bestow an experience bonus depending on which route the player used to depart and return. In order to train Ranged, a mithril grapple and appropriate crossbow will be required, along with 80 Strength and 80 Ranged. The grapple route is seldom used however, as better Ranged training exists. The course looms above the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon.
To reach the course, travel to Dorgesh-Kaan and go to the very south of the city and ascend to the highest level, not far from the anvil and furnace, then ascend the southern stairs to reach the south dungeon's upper level. The fastest way to get to the course is to break a Dorgesh-Kaan teleport sphere and run to the course in this way. An alternative, slightly slower way to get to the course is to use the fairy ring code A•J•Q placing you underneath the course. Go to the northernmost part of the cave and you'll see ladders to your right. A third option to get there is to travel to Keldagrim from the trapdoor shortcut at the Grand Exchange, then through the entrance to the Train Station located on the same wall as the cart tunnel you entered from. Board the train and you arive at the southern end of Dorgesh-Kaan, and from there go out the door and run south, then up the flight of stairs leading to the Agility course.
Turgall is found in a well-lit generator room at the north-east corner of the cave and down some stairs. To start training, a player will need to offer to help him retrieve an item from the other generator room to the south-west. Complete the conversation in order to receive the spanner used to extract items from the other generator. He will always give a choice of two items, one delicate and one heavy. The heavy items can only be returned via the agility route, and the delicate items can only be returned via the grapple route. Using the wrong route will result in the item being destroyed.
|Heavy Items (Agility route)||Name|
|Light/Delicate Items (Grapple route)||Name|
The player must travel to the disused south-west generator using either the agility obstacle route or the ranged grapple route and use the spanner on either the boiler (heavy items) or console (delicate items) to extract the item Turgall requested. Upon return with one of the correct items, the player is rewarded with Agility experience (2057 experience) after using the obstacle route or ranged experience (1142 experience) after using the grapple route. Wearing the Penance horn does not affect this bonus, only the experience you get from the obstacles. If both were used, half experience is given for each. Completing the obstacles also gives some experience, although most of the experience is from the lap bonus given by Turgall. The total agility experience gained per lap using the agility route both ways is 2375.
Recommended equipment and InventoryEdit
Using the full agility course:
|Head||Exoskeleton headband2 > Gold athlete's hat2 > Mining helmet|
|Cape||Wicked cape > Spottier cape > Spotted cape|
|Weapon1||Crossbow: Zanik's > Bone > Bronze ... Rune3|
|Chest||Agile top > Wicked robe top|
|Legs||Agile legs > Wicked robe bottom|
|Feet||Boots of lightness|
|Ring||None: Explorer's ring's 3x run energy replenishment won't help much|
|Inventory||Penance Horn (double Agility experience on obstacles only)|
Seer's headband > Bullseye lantern2
1 = Only when using grapple way (gives Ranged experience).
2 = A Seer's headband will also work inside your inventory; allowing you to equip the Athlete's hats or Exoskeleton headband.
3 = Zanik's crowbow weighs 0.0 kg, Rune weighs 6.0 kg.
4 = Obtained by talking to Turgall.
5 = Food is unnecessary because natural Lifepoints restoration will almost always cover the Lifepoints lost from failing.
Take a heavy item and follow the path of the obstacle course is as follows:
New Generator <-> Walk-across cable (tightrope) <-> Swing Cable <-> Swing-across Ladder <-> Swing Cable <-> Squeeze-past Jutting Wall <-> Squeeze-through tunnel <-> Walk-Across cable <-> Swing-across Ladder <-> Old Generator; and reverse to return.
The Squeeze-through Tunnel serves as the checkpoint for delicate items, destroying any carried by the player. It is possible to fail on Cables and Ladders even at level 99 Agility, but is not common even with the required minimum of level 80 Agility. A fall will drop a player to the lower level of the dungeon, causing about 100 damage and damaging any item retrieved from the generator. To return to the course, use the stairs found at the north side of the dungeon near the entrance from Dorgesh-Kaan.
Having weight-reducing clothing may appear useful, but keep in mind that it is no better to have a negative weight than to have 0 kg. Also, at the 80 agility required to use the course, players can complete the course running the entire time without losing energy over time. Thus, you only have to worry about what you wear if it is heavy enough so that you cannot run the entire time.
The ""heavy item"" weighs 3 kg, which is not very much, so you do not use significantly more energy on the return route than on the outward route.
A typical lap time for running the whole time is about 2 minutes 40 seconds, while the absolute fastest time possible is about 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Take a light item for the grapple route which is much faster than the agility route, needing only 3 obstacles to be bypassed - all grapples. A crossbow and mithril grapple is required to pass this course, and it is possible to lose the grapple while training, so if you use this route, bring several grapples. You receive Ranged experience for using this route, and a small amount of Agility experience. It is possible to fall while using this route. Carrying a "heavy item" on this route will result in falling.
Timings and experienceEdit
|Route||Time||Agility Experience||Ranged Experience|
|Agility course both ways||2:40||2375||0|
|Agility course there, grapple route return, or vice-versa||2:30||1241.5||625|
|Grapple route both ways||1:49||108||1250|
Tips and tricksEdit
- A fairy ring A•J•Q is present at the eastern end of the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon which is just below the agility course. The ladder to the agility course is north-west of the ring.
- Mining helmet is lower weight than a lantern, and should have no chance to become extinguished by accident. Also, the Seers' headband 3 is lighter than the mining helmet and if you can complete the diary to get it, then its recommended to do so. Note: the lower your weight, the lower your fall rate
- When Turgall tells you what item to retrieve, adjust your Assist option to On (power box), Friends (lever), or Off (cog) to easily remember the item. Other effective options to remember the item are to use public chat, or to move the spanner in your inventory.
- Setting Game option to Filter, Public option to Hide or Off, and remaining options to Off will keep the engineer Turgall's item request as the last line in the message box. Another alternative to this is to switch to the game tab right before you take the part to see what Turgall asked you for.
- It is possible to average over 50k xp per hour using this course. If you are lucky enough to go an entire hour without failing, 54625 xp (23 laps) is possible and can even be done in under 59 minutes. The Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course may be considered the fastest agility xp from level 80 to 85 agility, although the Ape Atoll course comes close.
- There is no level at which a player cannot fail, although the fail rate decreases at higher agility levels.
- Assuming players are using Penance Horn, a full lap (assuming its 2:40 per lap), the average exp per lap is 15 exp/sec, which is 898 exp/min. This is better than Ape Atoll course because players don't have to refill the horn as often than in Ape Atoll. However, Ape Atoll course is much faster experience if players wish to use the Penance Horn from level 80 - 85. The consequences of doing that will be more repetitive clicking. The difference will be approximately 76% more experience using the Penance Horn on the Ape Atoll, so if you really like the game Barbarian Assault, you are strongly recommended to stick to Ape Atoll Agility Training Area.
- The effect from Sköll boots works to double all experience gained, resulting in 4750 xp per lap.
- On 22 June 2009, the Dorgesh-Kaan agility course was made less likely for players to fail; in addition, the agility level required to use the course was raised from 70 to 80. Also, the total experience received per lap was lowered from 2750 to 2100. However, after receiving feedback from players who believed that 2100 was too low, the experience was raised to 2375 per lap.
- The heavy items originally weighed 30 kg each, but now weigh only 3 kg.