|Release date||20 March 2007 (Update)|
|No. of banks||1|
|No. of altars||0|
|No. of obelisks||0|
|Main music||Dorgeshuun City|
The Republic of Dorgesh-Kaan is the capital city of the Dorgeshuun cave goblin tribe. The city can only be accessed after completion of Death to the Dorgeshuun. Other quests later in the Dorgeshuun quest series allow use of certain features of the city (like the train to Keldagrim).
The city itself is very large, rivaling other capitals such as Keldagrim and Varrock. The city is two stories tall, with the bottom level containing many side chambers where goblins live and work. Built on the second floor are many free-standing houses and public buildings, including the Council Chambers and local school. The city's design is very intricate, and its maze-like layout and strange architecture often confuse those visiting the city for the first time. Dorgesh-Kaan is lit by a complex system of magical light orbs, powered by a geothermal power plant located in the dungeon south of the city.
There are multiple ways of accessing Dorgesh-Kaan, although compared to other cities, it is in a bad position with poor access.
- Players may enter the crack in the eastern wall of the cellar of Lumbridge Castle, through which Kazgar waits to lead players through the Dorgesh-Kaan mine. The entrance to Dorgesh-Kaan is just to the south of where Kazgar leaves the player. Note that in order to follow Kazgar through the mines, the player is required to bring a light source.
- The city can be accessed from the Kalphite Hive through the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon to the south of the city, although a light source is required.
- The Dorgesh-Kaan–Keldagrim train system may be used to travel to Dorgesh-Kaan from Keldagrim by rail, and vice versa. The tickets are free; a player only needs to wait less than a minute in the carriage for the departure. The train station is located on the 1stUK], in the south-west corner of the city. floor[
- A player may use a Dorgesh-kaan sphere, obtained from Oldak, for a one-click teleport to the city.
- A player may use the Recommendations teleports to get to Dorgesh-Kaan.
Several thousand years ago, during the height of the bloody God Wars, the Dorgeshuun were a war-like tribe of goblins. Like the rest of the goblin race, the Dorgeshuun served the god Bandos, an entity that revelled in war and bloodshed. For many years the Dorgeshuun fought the other races of the world in his name. However, some years into the war, Bandos ordered the tribe to fight in a battle that they could not win and that would result in the death of them all.
To escape this fate, the Dorgeshuun refused to fight for Bandos; soon after they fled to a life beneath the surface of the world to hide from the god they once served, for if they didn't, Bandos would destroy them all in anger of their treason. The Dorgeshuun soon adapted to this way of life. Rather than suffering for their treason, the Dorgeshuun embraced their new home and built the mighty city of Dorgesh-Kaan, but not before a massive government reform and violent civil war.
The Tribal and Republic factions fought for some time, attempting to gain control of the city. Only when the Tribal army and leader, General Bonehelm, was killed in a cave-in did the city truly begin to grow. Hidden from the wars of the surface, it quickly became what was, at the time, one of very few permanent settlements in Gielinor. Built upon peace and brotherhood, it differed greatly from the catastrophic surface world.
Only recently did the Dorgeshuun reveal their city to humans. Having existed for so long with no outside threats, the city has become prosperous enough to attract many human visitors. Merchants travel to the marketplace in hopes of making their fortune selling exotic surface foods to the cave goblins. Diplomats, such as Duke Horacio of Lumbridge and the Consortium of Keldagrim seek to establish diplomatic ties with the goblins. Adventurers come to the city to slay the beasts that exist in the city's unexplored caverns and caves. Others travel merely to sample the cave goblin's unique food or to study the goblin's advances in magic.
The marketplace is a good place to start. A general store, lamp stall, and various merchants can be found here. Most of the other merchants will sell strange foods made from local resources. The food merchants will buy any surface foods for higher prices than normal, as it is new to them. The Dorgesh-Kaan market trading minigame may be played here to make money.
Agility course and dungeonEdit
A high-level Dorgesh-Kaan Agility Course can be found south of the city; it requires 80 Agility. An alternative route using a Mithril grapple requires 80 Strength and 80 Ranged and provides ranged experience.
Below the agility course is a large dungeon, the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon. It has a unique Slayer monster called a Molanisk, as well as other beasts such as cave slime, giant frogs, and both large and small varieties of cave bugs.
There is a fairy ring (AJQ) in the dungeon. To exit from the dungeon to the city go east of the ring, then go north, west and again to north till a ladder. Climb up the ladder and you'll be at the Dorgesh-Kaan course. For the south part of the city climb down the stairs at north.
A train system between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim can be used after completing Another Slice of H.A.M. It takes time after entering the train to leave. After leaving there will be a short cut scene and you'll end up in Keldagrim or Dorgesh-Kaan depending which one you left from.
Dorgesh-Kaan has many features that players training Thieving will find appealing. There are 25 chests (8 rich, 17 average) throughout the city containing a wide variety of loot such as gems, lamps, ore, frog-leather armour, and Summoning charms (mostly green). Most cave goblins can also be pickpocketed, and the wire machine in the south side of the city can be stolen from.
Directly outside of Dorgesh-Kaan's gates is the Dorgesh-Kaan mine containing iron and silver, which may be sold to Mistag for 13 and 60 coins each, respectively. The fact that Mistag is very close to the iron rocks makes this a good place for iron powerminers.
Moving-over-distance spheres can be obtained from Oldak by bringing him molten glass and two law runes. Players with 40 Invention can also speak with him to start with the cave goblin technology tree.
There is a certain type of fish specific to Dorgesh-Kaan that cannot be caught by players. They can only be found in the shallow pools north and south of the city's marketplace.
Occasionally, players may find broken lamps. They can be fixed by using a light orb on it for Firemaking experience. Level 52 Firemaking is needed to fix a lamp, giving 1000 Firemaking experience. When a player has replaced 100 light orbs they will receive the message "You have replaced 100 orbs and have gained extra experience." The bonus received is 5000 firemaking experience. To make a light orb, blow one with glass (requiring 87 Crafting) and then use some wire stolen from the wire machine on the southern end of the city.
Reldak's Leather ArmourEdit
Dorgesh-Kaan General SuppliesEdit
Nardok's Bone WeaponsEdit
- Guard (cave goblin)
- Additional monsters can be found in the nearby Dorgeshuun Mines, Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon and Bandos throne room
- Death to the Dorgeshuun (unlocks the city)
- Another Slice of H.A.M.
- Land of the Goblins
- The Chosen Commander
- The Mighty Fall - starts in the city
- Dorgeshuun City - main theme
- Slice of Station - train station
- Zanik's Theme - unlocked during Land of the Goblins
- But We Can Fight - after The Chosen Commander
- Godslayer - after The Chosen Commander
- Movario and Darve, who are found in the Dorgesh-Kaan South Dungeon, were released along with the rest of the city but initially served no immediate purpose. Although they could be spoken to about their following of Lucien, it was not until While Guthix Sleeps was released that they became significant.
- A massive quartz crystal cave, only mentioned in The Chasm of Lights, exists below the city.
|Part 2 of the Dorgeshuun quest series|
|Miscellaneous||Quick guide • Transcript|
|Part 3 of the Dorgeshuun quest series|
|Troll Country & The North||
|Tirannwn & Galarpos||