|Release date||17 July 2007 (Update)|
|Examine|| Cheerful, helpful and optimistic, I'll bet.|
The Doomsayer stands on a box prophesising doom to everyone who speaks to him. He has a natural skill for sensing danger and he feels it is his duty to warn others of the potential hazards that await unsuspecting travelers. He does this by putting up warning signs in dangerous places, accompanied with a warning message. Whilst he calls himself the Doomsayer, he feels that his proper title should be Danger Tutor.
The areas/events where the Doomsayer has placed warning signs are as follows:
Dagannoth Kings' ladder Lumbridge Swamp Caves rope Stronghold of Security ladders Falador Mole lair Dropped items in random events Player-owned houses Sophanem Dungeon ladder Ice Path area H.A.M. Tunnel from the Mill Fairy Ring to Dorgesh-Kaan Death Plateau Lumbridge Castle Cellar Mort Myre swamp Observatory Stairs Elid Genie Cave west of Nardah Shantay Pass Watchtower Shaman cave Ranging Guild tower Trollheim Wilderness entrance Wilderness wall Dorgesh-Kaan City exit Dorgesh-Kaan tunnel to the Kalphites God Wars Wilderness Agility Route Duel Arena Living Rock Caverns Chaos Tunnels (East) Chaos Tunnels (Central) Chaos Tunnels (West) Corporeal Beast's lair Clan Wars free for all Safe portal Clan Wars free for all Dangerous portal Morytania Crucible Edgeville KBD Shortcut Goblin Raid Warning Demon Raid Warning Sinkhole Warning
These warning signs may be toggled on/off after the player has seen them roughly 6-8 times. A good way to be able to toggle them faster is to click the entrance to where the warning is given, and click "No" 6-8 times. After that period, they may switch them on or off as they like.
- A Doomsayer is a person who predicts disaster.
- Formerly the Doomsayer would wander in a small wander radius; after an update he is now stationary.
- His staff appears to have the form of an eye on the top, which is probably referring to how he can see the dangers in hazardous places. This staff is not available to players.
- His staff resembles the Staff of Ra from The Raiders of the Lost Ark. His action is similar to the action Indiana Jones does when he sets the Staff of Ra into the ground.
- He says "All around us! I can feel it in the air, hear it on the wind, smell it...also in the air." This may be a reference to Galadriel from the motion picture The Lord of the Rings saying "I amar prestar aen. Han mathon ne nen. Han mathon ne chae, a han noston ned'willith", meaning, "The world has changed. I can feel it in the water. I can feel it in the earth, I can smell it in the air."