- Not to be confused with Captain Donnie.
|Release date||6 June 2005 (Update)|
|Location||In and around Lumbridge|
|Examine|| A local farmer. She might be able to provide some useful information.|
|Notable features||Strange, wandering lady with a large wandering range|
Donie can be found wandering all over Lumbridge, and will give help to new players when asked, such as where to find or start quests and where to train Cooking and Combat. Donie has a very large wander radius, which covers the entire town of Lumbridge.
If you ask about a quest you have already completed, she will acknowledge that and offer a couple witty remarks or thank the player. Or even start yelling "Yarr!" back and forth with the player when it's about the Pirate's Treasure quest.
She also has random chat options that will require multiple conversations to discover:
- Players can annoy Donie by telling her that her shoelace is untied, which it is not, and this makes her rather irate. ("Fool! Leave me alone!")
- Players can ask if they can buy her stick. She claims it is a powerful staff, but then she admits it is a stick. She says that she is saving up to buy a powerful staff from Zaff. (If a player is wielding an enchanted staff (fire, air, magic, etc.), her stick cannot be asked about.)
- Players can ask her for "free stuff", but she will refuse to give them anything and instead present an argument against begging: "If I did have anything of value I wouldn't want to give it away."
- She appears to be very knowledgeable. When asked how she is, she mentions the weather, a term unknown to the player. ("Weather?") Eventually she rattles off a list of scientific terms, giving players the definition of weather. She then adds "Not just a pretty face eh? Ha ha ha.".
- If asked about her nice haircut, she will jokingly insult the player: "Yes, it does look like you need a hairdresser." She then recommends the hairdresser in Falador and suggests the player buy a map.
- If a player asks "Where am I?", she will let them know they are in Lumbridge.
- Sometimes a player can find two copies of the NPC in Lumbridge.
- Donie was removed in September 2009, but then re-added in December 2009.
- She used to have the Jobs feature, and was the last NPC to have it, retaining the Jobs Feature until the 25 May 2010 update. Note that if someone was on a job for Donie before the update, they will still have their job.
- The bug in which Donie's torso was invisible has since been patched.